New teller story what do you think? UPDATED!

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE!!!! I went back to the BoA today the teller was back from vacation and she still had the halves. She then said she was going to wait a little longer then give the guy a call and one more chance to retrieve the halves that he brought in. She gave me her card and told me to call her. I will wait until Thursday then give her a call. Cross your fingers we will see what happens.

Gordon and Tanner 10/18/11

Today I stopped by a BOA that has produced in the past with a few good customer rolls. I asked the same teller if she had any half dollars. She said, "Yes, but I am saving them for another customer". I asked if I could have just one roll. She said, "No, that I'm saving them for the guy who brought them in. He wants them back next week". She then said if he does not come back in a week I could by them.

I said that was fine and I will come back in a week.

Here is my take: The guy who brought them in knows that they are valuable but he does not want to sell them or pawn them. So he brings them to the bank cashes them to pay his bills, get a hooker or what ever, and tells the teller he wants those same coins back when he gets paid next week. He does not have to pawn them or sell them but gets to use there face value to get by until he gets paid.

What do you think?

Keep on searching
Tanner and Dad

PS we have searched 4 boxes of halves this month and have scored one 40%

Upvote 0

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: New teller story what do you think?

Kinda dumb...I'd rather pawn them at face value and pay the small interest rate... than risk losing them forever... Seems really odd to me. When are y'all gonna do another wheat war?? I love reading those!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

surprised the teller even said "yes" if she has an arrangement....i bet more likely she knows they are silver and wants to buy them herself at the end of her shift....call in the manager, up to you!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

I'm betting there is more to the story. Why on earth would anyone take knowingly take silver to the bank?

If you really think that the rolls have silver, send in your wife, friend, etc., and keep asking for those rolls.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

That just happened to me last week. My guess is that after bringing halves to the bank someone in his family realized they were or may have been silver.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

I say that IF the other guy knows anything about silver, you need to STAY ON THAT ONE.

If he is so hard up that he has to bank-pawn his silver, he may not be able to make it back to claim them.

Be the FIRST in line for them.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread