$1000 in halves gives up 71 silvers!

Delta2187

Sep 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my weekly $1,000 bag of halves and when I picked it up from the teller I could see one silver through the plastic so I thought it might be a 'hot' bag. Sure enough it was!!
3 - 1964s and 68 1965-1969s!!!!! Woot!

Made me want to run back to the bank and get more...but I have to wait till Thursday to order more. I'm so tempted to get 10 or 20K worth and settle in for a couple days :wink:

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice score.

Just curious what bank / armored carrier gets you the halves in bags and what city is this (nearest major metro if you dont want to give up your location)

In Los Angeles I have not been able to find a bank to get me bagged coins, they all claim its their policy to only order rolled coins now for accuracy or its the armored carriers rule to only do boxes.

HH
Bigheed

byzanthia

Oct 8, 2011
north Dallas
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice score.

Was it a coin counter bag? Or did you mean box? I've never seen a bank sell bags of halves, just boxes.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Enjoy it while you can. that's great numbers. You must be back east of here somewhere. MIddle america or east coast??

$50,000 in halves here in Phoenix yielded 18 silvers. One Franklin in that, but still - 18 silvers. From different banks over a month period (the only way to get so many all in a fairly short time) and a pain to dump (Used four braches of the same bank, for six weeks, and dumped $2,000 per branch per dump) but 18 silvers from the ordeal, plus $10,000 in money sitting in a string of boxes in the home office for most of a month.

That's when I moved to dimes and nickels. LOL. And still doing my pennies from time to time. But enjoy that silver. It is in the system there, and at some point it will disappear. Yes, it will always have new silver ocming in, but not as much as people think. And when your machines are upgraded ot the new ones 9that may be next year, or not until 2040, depending on how your sorting company's machine works, and how long it lasts) then it will disappear all at once, as the new machines (like the one in Pheonix) takes out all the non- conforming coins, and that includes silver. Not to cull the silver specifically, but to get rid of the junk coins, and that inadvertantly takes the silver to the reject tray too. they gotta LOVE that. HA!

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hard to believe someone who only has 3 posts...pictures?

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
GimmeSomeSilver said:

We all had 3 posts at one time or another... This is a believable score... The guy who found 39 solid rolls of walkers and we never heard from again is a little suspect to me though. His pictures more than likely proved me wrong though. I am by no means a seasoned veteran at this but I always like to approach someone innocent until proven guilty. :icon_thumright:

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I would call this typical for a bag from a coin counter not diluted with CRH dumps. Bags like that are what put silver in boxes.

I've done a few bags of halves, but each of the ones I did had to be topped off with my dumps so that I could get them (because most banks that will sell bags only sell them full). They were loaded.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GimmeSomeSilver said:

Perhaps you should read the rules of the forum..... :read2:

OP
OP
Delta2187

Delta2187

Sep 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All

Thanks for the 'looks'. I'm posting a picture for the doubting Thomas! I had started to put the date on the photo and was interrupted and didn't finish it - you can check the 'spot' values for silver reflected in the pricing (if you are THAT cynical) to verify the date (which was Tuesday evening Oct. 11).

IMAG0038.jpg

and actually the count ended up being 73 - I had been pulling handfuls of coins on the ride home (an hour commute to and from work) and found two that I had left in the car!!

I'm located in Florida and I believe the bank gets their bags from Brinks - but I'm not 100% sure. I've gone thru 6 or 7 thousand in halves now and was skunked on all but my first and last bag. The first bag yielded about 38 silver ('65-69) - which I think I posted on this forum also - although it may have been on the metal detecting forum.

Anyhow, missed the order for late this week but decided on going low and slow instead of getting a massive order in.

Good hunting...

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must really be a good spot in florida....lots of folks here say florida is harsh for CRHing....more power to you to have found it!!!

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
GimmeSomeSilver said:

So now it's a "rule" to question someone on their finds? I guess i'll make a post tomorrow about finding 100 silver barber halves in my fridge with my detector. But shh, don't tell anyone, and I won't be providing pictures. Don't doubt me though, remember, it's a "rule". Piss off.

Sincerely,
Cody.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GimmeSomeSilver said:
FreedomUIC said:
GimmeSomeSilver said:

So now it's a "rule" to question someone on their finds? I guess i'll make a post tomorrow about finding 100 silver barber halves in my fridge with my detector. But shh, don't tell anyone, and I won't be providing pictures. Don't doubt me though, remember, it's a "rule". Piss off.

Sincerely,
Cody.

No, it is a rule and if you would have taken the time to read the rules of the "ENTIRE FORUM", not just CRH, you would have seen it.
Go ahead and post your finds, nobody can say any different.
Oh and by the way, the use of such language shows that persons vocabulary is very limited and they are by nature kind of
behind the eight ball in the learning arena. I am sorry that you didn't see fit to get a proper education, maybe there is time left
in your lowly future to achieve a higher standard of education for yourself. Remember "No Child Left Behind" might apply to
you.

Have a great day Cody... :hello:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toledo, that pretty much explains it "GimmeSomeSilver", I am sorry for busting on your vocabulary when it really and truly
is not your fault, you are just a victim of your circumstances......

Have a great day little Cody.. :hello:

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
Toledo, that pretty much explains it "GimmeSomeSilver", I am sorry for busting on your vocabulary when it really and truly

Haha. Oh here we go. You're one of "those people"...the ones that start posting multiple times without a comeback to seem like you have gotten the upper hand on me. And you're right, i'm so ignorant and "below the bar" that I graduated high school a year early with honors and a 4.1 gpa. I'm sorry that you're fighting with your sexuality, but there's no reason to take it out on me.

Have a great day little...eh, who gives a shit, no one want's to know your name anyways. :hello2:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GimmeSomeSilver said:
FreedomUIC said:

Haha. Oh here we go. You're one of "those people"...the ones that start posting multiple times without a comeback to seem like you have gotten the upper hand on me. And you're right, i'm so --deleted-- and "below the bar" that I graduated high school a year early with honors and a 4.1 gpa. I'm sorry that you're fighting with your sexuality, but there's no reason to take it out on me.

Have a great day little...eh, who gives a --deleted--, no one want's to know your name anyways. :hello2:

Wow 4.1 :notworthy: Than you should realize what I am talking about. Where is the mention
of college with a GPA like that, or are you just a smart mouth know it all that doesn't need
to go to college because you already know everything.

By the way, 4.35 here rookie....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread