Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pickings for me have been getting a bit slim at my bank, so I figured since I was taking vacation this week and visiting relatives, I would schedule to go up in the middle of the week and at mid day so I could hit some banks. Half of them did not have anything, but I got $3800.00 from the others (1000 bag, 1500 boxes, 500 in rolls in trays and 800 in rolls in boxes someone brought in). The strangest part was the 800 in boxes someone brought it. Every roll was a solid date (71, 72, 73, 74, several bicentennial, etc). Not a solitary silver. The 500 in rolls in trays had been picked thru, not a silver one. The other $2500 was pay dirt. Ended up with 11 90%, 265 40% and 4 circulated proofs in very nice condition. Now I just gotta get rid of the commoners!! I am taking a trip to Missouri next month and a trip to Vegas in December. I plan on taking plenty of cash to do the same thing again. HH

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! Those are some serious results Wayne! Was that your car I saw on the highway sagging from all that metal you were carrying? :D

And back off on my turf, bud! The Vegas half dollars are all mine! *LOL* Hope you have better luck than I do here. ;)

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
WOW 3800 bucks. Thats a lot of cash. Did you use travelers checks or do you drive around with that many greenbacks? Did you take them home to go thru them or do them in the car? Re-roll them? or take back in bulk?

great finds...

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I too am a big supporter of our of town, or road trip hunting. Ive had some very good results out there too. More than pays for the gas if you hit a good bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions