Exciting finds (for a small timer) - a few pics

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The last few days have been fun for me, though I admit I'm not high volume like some on here. Haven't had much luck with halves boxes - 3 boxes last week yielded 1 '64. However, I've been hitting random banks on my lunch hour and picking up dimes and nickels, and halves when they have any.

Yesterday, $20 in nickels got me a 45P and glory of glories - a 1937 Buffalo in the best condition I've ever found one in. I'd estimate it's somewhere between VF-20 and EF-40.

Then today, I found a '64 dime out of $20 in dimes.

My last stop was my dump bank, a branch where they don't have a coin counter, so I dump rolls when I have them. Today I had $30 in halves that I had planned to dump, but while I was pulling the nickel and dime rolls out of the box I carried them in, I saw what looked like a silver rim on one of the halves in the teller's coin tray. Knowing that this teller hated getting halves, and also knowing I wasn't going to make any brownie points by depositing them and immediately asking for more, I surreptitiously eased the 3 rolls of halves I was going to deposit to the side of the box, and quickly covered it up after getting out the other rolls. Turns out she was glad (ecstatic really) to sell me the $8 in loose halves she had, which netted me a '68 and a '69.

As I said, a good couple of days, for me anyway. Though it's probably worth the least of what I found, I'm still psyched about the Buffalo I found. Here's a few shots I took, though the pictures really don't do the coin justice.

DSC03365.JPG
DSC03366.JPG

DSC03364.JPG

Upvote 0

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on the find that is one nice nickel and a silver dime out of 20 dollars is great i search about 1000.00 dollars in dimes a week and find only about 10 to 15 it all in the hunt have fun. Happy hunting RON

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score, Sweet Buffalo and Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions