Just because you are on a cruise to Latvia doesnt mean you cant CRH

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
Just because you are on a cruise to Latvia doesn't mean you can't CRH

So as a follow up to my post about finding silver in Sweden now that I live here, I found a fun and new way to CRH here.

My wife and I took a cruise to Latvia (Riga is an amazing city), and there is gambling on the ships, a few slots and so on. They are also coin op, in and out unlike in Vegas.

And they had change machines, which paid out in Swedish Krona coins, and pre 1969 1kr:- coins are 40 % silver and larger than a quarter.

Even better?

Not far away on the ship was a free coin counter, which would spit out a receipt you could redeem at information. So I went through a couple hundred coins, and found 1 1966 silver coin. I was happy. My wife and I then decided to actually play a few slots, and we found one that was paying out quite well, so we decided to cash out.

We hit the button, and out poured over 300 1kr coins. So I searched through them and within a minute found another silver. And then a bunch of Norwegian Kroner, which are worth a tiny bit more, and are exactly the same size as the Swedish Krona, but we can't really spend them anywhere, but they fit into the machine, so we had no choice but to re gamble them. (Poor me)

We got another hit, and then cashed out, and got another couple hundred 1kr coins, and this time I got another silver.

So not only did we make a bit of money on the slots, I got an easy cash to coins to cash again to coin roll hunt, and had some success.

kronor.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Re: Just because you are on a cruise to Latvia doesn't mean you can't CRH

That is a cool way to collect silver - it makes you wonder how many ounces of silver are floating around on that ship waiting for folks who collect to pull out. Awesome!

OP
OP
Teknowaffle

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011

Goldmanford said:
That is a cool way to collect silver - it makes you wonder how many ounces of silver are floating around on that ship waiting for folks who collect to pull out. Awesome!

You know, coins aren't used much over here, they usually sit around, and I can imagine that many people just save them up, and then go on one of these trips, and drop them off there in a "well, if I lose them so what" kind of thing.

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75

Great Story!! Thanks for sharing!!

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just dont send teh silver back in the machine on accident!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow if they paid off in coins just go to one put in a $100 then push the cash out button and have the coins come out. Check them and then do the same thing all over again......Matt

OP
OP
Teknowaffle

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011

AGBlex said:
just dont send teh silver back in the machine on accident!

I almost did, but I realized it was too heavy in my fingers as I was about to put it in the machine. (I swear I am not Adrian Monk). This is duly impressive as jägermeister was cheap on the boat.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Interesting way to search for silver. Great story and thanks for sharing it with us.
rileyboy

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was in Latvia last year for a couple weeks (work). Never thought about looking for silver out there. Food was good though :).

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gambling and CRHing in the same night???
Simply amazing........
HH from this side of the pond,
Legend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions