New teller story what do you think? UPDATED! 3 SOLID ROLLS!!! PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Update 10/21/11 So we go back to the BoA that was holding halves for a guy that wanted the exact same halves that he deposited back at a later date. (See lower part of this post that I copied from my original post). I figured if we went in just before closing we would have better luck. The teller said he had not returned and sold me 4 rolls of halves. Brown labels with writing on them. The writing was accurate one roll said: 1964 - 3.50, 1969 - 3.00 and 1961 -.50

We ended up with 1964=13 1966=21 1967=2 1968=4 1969=28 The Ben is from the two boxes we searched today

It is out there
Dad and Tanner Keep on Searching

UPDATE!! 10/18 I went back to the BoA today the teller was back from vacation and she still had the halves. She then said she was going to wait a little longer then give the guy a call and one more chance to retrieve the halves that he brought in. She gave me her card and told me to call her. I will wait until Thursday then give her a call. Cross your fingers we will see what happens.

Gordon and Tanner

Original Post: Today I stopped by a BOA that has produced in the past with a few good customer rolls. I asked the same teller if she had any half dollars. She said, "Yes, but I am saving them for another customer". I asked if I could have just one roll. She said, "No, that I'm saving them for the guy who brought them in. He wants them back next week". She then said if he does not come back in a week I could by them.

I said that was fine and I will come back in a week.

Here is my take: The guy who brought them in knows that they are valuable but he does not want to sell them or pawn them. So he brings them to the bank cashes them to pay his bills, get a hooker or what ever, and tells the teller he wants those same coins back when he gets paid next week. He does not have to pawn them or sell them but gets to use there face value to get by until he gets paid.

What do you think?

Keep on searching
Tanner and Dad

Attachments

• 101_0105.JPG
    101_0105.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 798
Upvote 0

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice silver score! People rarely ever get one solid roll, yet you got three at the same time :notworthy:

I got pretty close today on my very first roll of halves with 13/20 being silver, but you blew mine out of the water! :thumbsup:

HH!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score gordon and tanner, Sounds like he might have a teller on his side.
Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im glad to say i was wrong, i had thought the person she was "saving" them for was herself. Amazing score. congrats :icon_thumright:

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Unbelievable! One would assume that whoever pawned them at the bank must have known they were silver and worth more than face.

Way to stick with it Gordon and Tanner! :icon_thumleft:

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ramjet2187 said:
Great score! I always love reading of your 'wars', and you two deserve a find like this. :headbang: :headbang:

+10000000000000000000 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

db23 said:
Unbelievable! One would assume that whoever pawned them at the bank must have known they were silver and worth more than face.

Way to stick with it Gordon and Tanner! :icon_thumleft:

Maybe he did know they were more then face val. and was strapped for cash so he left it at the bank, later to return to pawn them. But maybe he already has trouble with a few banks, and got this bank mixed up as one of the bad banks calling him for closing account, overdraft, or whatever and perhaps thought that the bank with the great rolls of halves was calling for bad, but it turned out to be good! Well, for you and tanner! :icon_pirat: :tongue3: :laughing9: :headbang: Good LLuck to you guys and HH!! :icon_thumright: :wink:

byzanthia

Oct 8, 2011
north Dallas
Primary Interest:
Other
That's just stupid of him. He should never expect to get those back. Why risk losing melt value (if the rolls are los t /sent to another branch / sold / etc) for the handful of change that face value gives him? You'd have to be truly desperate or stupid. Good for you.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Gordon and Tanner,
Great story and I'm glad you followed up on the coins. Excellent score and the photos are nice. Looks like many of the coins are in superb condition and will look nice in Tanner's collection. Once again...Congrats. "It's out there!"
rileyboy

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The elusive silver roll! :hello2: I'm still awaiting mine. Haha. Great find you two.

HH,
Cody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread