Whoa, price of silver takes a hit!

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Those lovely volatile metals. Itll go up eventually, again. Now, if it drops back down to 4 dollars or something....buy buy buy! :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AFModell said:
Those lovely volatile metals. Itll go up eventually, again. Now, if it drops back down to 4 dollars or something....buy buy buy! :)

I agree. It's not worth Buying at these Prices yet.

What I have been Noticing Is Silver is Changing With Gas prices.

Gas goes up, Silver goes up.

Gas Goes down, silver follows.

Have no Fear. Gas will Rise this winter & so will silver.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
One of the reasons gas is so expensive is because there are so many blends for different times of the year and for different parts of the country. Down here in Georgia the gas stations switch over to a different type of gasoline for the winter and it is cheaper than the type used during the summer. When the price of gas shot up last year after the hurricane people wanted them to switch over to the winter blend earlier than usual to provide some price relief. The Georgia secretary of Agriculture wouldn't allow it. He said it wouldn't work well in cars in the still warm weather. (I'm not sure I believe that)

Anyhow, the point of all this is that gas could be cheaper until the next spring holiday.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your Right.

Personally, I want 99 Cent Gas and $3.50 an ounce silver.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
yes Jeff, lets wait for silver to go down some more and then buy. We know absolutely for sure that gas will go up again don't we? Even if there isn't a major hurricane, the number of people and cars keeps increasing every year. and not just in the U.S. The chinese are getting wealthier from our imports and can afford cars; whereas years ago they couldn't. Same thing with India. Outsourcing has sent jobs to India and they will be able to buy things they couldn't before.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringding said:
yes Jeff, lets wait for silver to go down some more and then buy. We know absolutely for sure that gas will go up again don't we? Even if there isn't a major hurricane, the number of people and cars keeps increasing every year. and not just in the U.S. The chinese are getting wealthier from our imports and can afford cars; whereas years ago they couldn't. Same thing with India. Outsourcing has sent jobs to India and they will be able to buy things they couldn't before.

Absolutely !

just a few years ago 1998 & 1999 I could have Bought Rolls of Mercs for
$15.00 a Roll

Those same rolls Would have been Pulling $50.00 a Piece now.

over 300% Profit.
I'm still Kicking myself on that

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:D Back in 79-80, When the Big Boom started, The Dealers were Paying $115-125 a roll for Mercs. They were selling @ $150-200 a Roll.

If you bought back then, when do you think you'll ever make your Money back?

JOE

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buscadero said:
:D Back in 79-80, When the Big Boom started, The Dealers were Paying $115-125 a roll for Mercs. They were selling @ $150-200 a Roll.

If you bought back then, when do you think you'll ever make your Money back?

JOE

That's why I'd avoid Buying Now.

Even at $10.97 (Present Price) You stand a Chance of Loosing for a Long time.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The two ingots in my are avatar are 100 troy ounces each, my grandfather bought them in the 80's for an undisclosed amount. My feeling is he paid over $20.00 an ounce, I don't think I'll ever break even if I sold.

kenb

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well, the nice thing about roll-hunting is that you are paying only 50 cents for each silver half.
And then you will always be able to sell them for the collector's value, not just the silver.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Jeff, i like the way you look at things like this. Im also praying that the price of everything would just go down. Gold, silver, gas, candy, milk, everything! Maybe then we could have silver dimes again and save them. I could FINALLY buy some old gold U.S. coins, ones that i cant nearly afford now.

-CC

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Back in the late 70's-early 80's, when silver was crazy high, my mom had a plastic container about the size of half a large coffee can filled with silver dimes. Most of them were Mercs, and there had to be $150 or more, face value. These things were selling for $2-$3 each, and we could use the money. Then my mom said, "If we sell these dimes, we'll spend the money, then we won't have the money OR the dimes." They didn't sell them. Good one, Mom! She still has them. I passed that wise thought to my friend when he was considering selling his 1991 Mustang GT. He bought it new in '91, has less than 30k miles on it, garage kept since '95.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions