Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2011
    vegas
    1322 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

'65s Rule!

We all love the feeling of opening a roll of halves and seeing that glorious silver rim, right? That's what fuels the addiction... the SILVER. And we all say to ourselves, right before we pull it out and check the date, "Come on, baby... be a '64!" Well, unfortunately, more often than not, it's not a '64. It's usually a 40%er. (In my experience, about 9 out of 10 are 40%ers.) But for me, if it's a '65, I get a little more excited than I do with the other 40%ers. They are pretty tough to find. In fact, I have found over twice as many '64s than I have '65s. If and when I sell my 40's, I will probably hang on to the '65s, just because they are so tough to find. Anybody else have any favorite dates?

HH
    BB

us
    Sep 2011
    Ohio
    White's MXT Pro
    4 times

Re: '65s Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by baddbluff
    We all love the feeling of opening a roll of halves and seeing that glorious silver rim, right? That's what fuels the addiction... the SILVER. And we all say to ourselves, right before we pull it out and check the date, "Come on, baby... be a '64!" Well, unfortunately, more often than not, it's not a '64. It's usually a 40%er. (In my experience, about 9 out of 10 are 40%ers.) But for me, if it's a '65, I get a little more excited than I do with the other 40%ers. They are pretty tough to find. In fact, I have found over twice as many '64s than I have '65s. If and when I sell my 40's, I will probably hang on to the '65s, just because they are so tough to find. Anybody else have any favorite dates?

HH
    BB
    +1

And for me, I enjoy silver proofs. I found a very nice 1960 Franklin proof yesterday among my spoils.

HH,
    Cody.

us
    Apr 2011
    232 times

65 & 69 are probably the rarest 40% years, but that being said I use the word rare very loosely. Have found plenty of all the years.

Some of the 65's have a beautiful shine though, I do enjoy those!

us
    May 2011
    Kentucky
    204 times

65's are tough but the 70d is tougher. They only minted about 2.1 million of them and they were only released in sets.
    "Hello from deep within the copper mines of Western Kentucky."

"Keep your hands off of my stack."

us
    Aug 2011
    North Carolina
    1 times

+1

And for me, I enjoy silver proofs. I found a very nice 1960 Franklin proof yesterday among my spoils.

HH,
    Cody.
    [/quote]

Hey Cody,

I'd like to see some pics of your proof Franklin. I bet that's a pretty coin!

us
    Aug 2011

I see what you're saying but '65s are pretty much like the rest for me. Now 1970, I'm more excited to see that than a '64. I've been luck and found a few, along with a silver S bicentennial! In someones dumps no less, still makes me laugh
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Traveling Field Engineer coming to a town near you

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links