65s Rule!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'65s Rule!

We all love the feeling of opening a roll of halves and seeing that glorious silver rim, right? That's what fuels the addiction... the SILVER. And we all say to ourselves, right before we pull it out and check the date, "Come on, baby... be a '64!" Well, unfortunately, more often than not, it's not a '64. It's usually a 40%er. (In my experience, about 9 out of 10 are 40%ers.) But for me, if it's a '65, I get a little more excited than I do with the other 40%ers. They are pretty tough to find. In fact, I have found over twice as many '64s than I have '65s. If and when I sell my 40's, I will probably hang on to the '65s, just because they are so tough to find. Anybody else have any favorite dates?

HH
BB

Upvote 0

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: '65s Rule!

baddbluff said:
We all love the feeling of opening a roll of halves and seeing that glorious silver rim, right? That's what fuels the addiction... the SILVER. And we all say to ourselves, right before we pull it out and check the date, "Come on, baby... be a '64!" Well, unfortunately, more often than not, it's not a '64. It's usually a 40%er. (In my experience, about 9 out of 10 are 40%ers.) But for me, if it's a '65, I get a little more excited than I do with the other 40%ers. They are pretty tough to find. In fact, I have found over twice as many '64s than I have '65s. If and when I sell my 40's, I will probably hang on to the '65s, just because they are so tough to find. Anybody else have any favorite dates?

HH
BB

+1

And for me, I enjoy silver proofs. :headbang: I found a very nice 1960 Franklin proof yesterday among my spoils.

HH,
Cody.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

65 & 69 are probably the rarest 40% years, but that being said I use the word rare very loosely. Have found plenty of all the years.

Some of the 65's have a beautiful shine though, I do enjoy those!

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

65's are tough but the 70d is tougher. They only minted about 2.1 million of them and they were only released in sets.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina

+1

And for me, I enjoy silver proofs. :headbang: I found a very nice 1960 Franklin proof yesterday among my spoils.

HH,
Cody.
[/quote]

Hey Cody,

I'd like to see some pics of your proof Franklin. I bet that's a pretty coin!

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011

:laughing9:I see what you're saying but '65s are pretty much like the rest for me. Now 1970, I'm more excited to see that than a '64. I've been luck and found a few, along with a silver S bicentennial! In someones dumps no less, still makes me laugh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread