Credit union cut me off already...only 5 dime boxes in. Grrr.

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
When i asked if I could order 1 dime box a week from my credit union, the manager had no problem with it, she just made me promise that I pick it up each week. So I went in yesterday to pick up this week's box, and they told me that they were not going to be ordering any more for me. They had just 'gone through an audit' and they told me that they got a 'slap on the wrist' for selling boxes of coins to me. That's amazing to me that such a small transaction could get the attention of the big wigs at the head office.

In the end, my final tally from the 5 boxes I got from them was 4 silver roosevelts and one canadian silver. Not going to complain about that, it was a solid 1 per box while it lasted!!

onward to TD Bank it is....

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you just found a new dump bank :laughing9:

If they want dimes, I suggest you give them dimes :icon_thumright:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
As you know, they probably got slapped on the wrist because ordering boxes cost the banks money....and you cost them $5 a box or so.

I am amazed at how many banks will let me have multiple boxes of dimes at no charge, week after week, and I don't even have an account with them!

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I generally stay away from CUs My experience has been there are a higher percentage of nasty rude tellers working in those outfits than regular banks

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
My credit union cut me off with halves the second I asked for them. I've been a member for 16 years and have about 40K there (had I should say). Now all 4 branches have more halves than they know what to do with every week! I say give them so many dimes they'll be begging you to let them give you 1 box/week again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread