TD Bank not allowing dumps

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been dumping at TD Bank with an average of $650 per dump at several different branches no more than once per week for the few months I have been CRHing. I had two different branches cut me off recently saying they had a meeting with the regional manager who said to stop accepting large amounts of coin.

There was a guy in front of me at one branch dumping a decent amount of loose change from his business and they cut him off too. He only had about $300 in change and didn't even fill up a bag but they knew him from coming in often and gave him the same speech I got. I asked the teller if I could bring in rolled coin and he said they couldn't accept rolled coin. I told him that left me no options to deposit coins into my account, which he agreed was the case, but offered no alternatives. Anyone else experience this or am I just the lucky one? Any suggestions other than accept it and move on?

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sucks sorry to hear that. However unless they change their written policy I don't think what they are doing is legit to customers who have an account. Try to have a civil conversation with the manager explaining your reasoning and maybe they will strike a deal with you.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
That sucks. If you do have an account. A few simple words will help you continue to dump there. "I'd like to close my account"

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mws_1984 said:
"I'd like to close my account"

This!

I would have done it on the spot. with a nice loud "LET ME GET THIS RIGHT. YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT I CAN'T DEPOSIT MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT?!?!?LETS GO CLOSE IT NOW!".

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorinator said:
I have been dumping at TD Bank with an average of $650 per dump at several different branches no more than once per week for the few months I have been CRHing. I had two different branches cut me off recently saying they had a meeting with the regional manager who said to stop accepting large amounts of coin.

There was a guy in front of me at one branch dumping a decent amount of loose change from his business and they cut him off too. He only had about $300 in change and didn't even fill up a bag but they knew him from coming in often and gave him the same speech I got. I asked the teller if I could bring in rolled coin and he said they couldn't accept rolled coin. I told him that left me no options to deposit coins into my account, which he agreed was the case, but offered no alternatives. Anyone else experience this or am I just the lucky one? Any suggestions other than accept it and move on?

What state?

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CardsNCoins said:
Detectorinator said:

What state?

Florida

Delta2187

Sep 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to get a lot of 'resistance' on both ends - my buying bank and my dumping banks (I'm rotating the dumps between three branches of the same credit union). If there was a way to work directly with the Fed for coins I'd do it in a second!!!

I'm in Florida also - a bank every block and most of them very CRH UNfriendly... :(

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delta2187 said:
I'm starting to get a lot of 'resistance' on both ends - my buying bank and my dumping banks (I'm rotating the dumps between three branches of the same credit union). If there was a way to work directly with the Fed for coins I'd do it in a second!!!

I'm in Florida also - a bank every block and most of them very CRH UNfriendly... :(

The "FED" is not involved in any CRH endeavor......

Maybe reading the rules of CRH might help figure that one out. :read2:

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to dump at a TD in West Springfield, Ma. and the manager told me I couldn't because the machine was for "kids piggy banks and not for collectors." I was miffed, but I just drove down the street to the next branch and had no issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions