What are your alls experience with Loomis halves?

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
What are your all's experience with Loomis halves?

I've got 6 boxes (2 ea) coming from 3 branches of the same bank next week. I asked the last place I stopped at to order halves who carried their coins. He said they just switched to Loomis. I don't know who was doing it before. What is everyone's experiences with Loomis halves? Do they produce or are they skunky? My only concern is that I assume Brinks is probably a bigger company than Loomis, so I feel I may be getting from a smaller pool of halves, but I could be totally wrong. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Re: What are your all's experience with Loomis halves?

No matter who answers this question, or how they answer it, It will not mean anything to your circumstances. There are so many differences and variables that nobody can answer this question for you exept you, and then, even when you do answer it, you could turn around and do the exact same thing again, and get the totally opposite answer. I am curious to hear about what you find though. Good luck.

What area of the country are you in?

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it doesn't matter what carrier you get them from.

What matters is what bank "chain" and sometimes the "branch"

The carriers do not co-mingle coinage between different "chains"

You just need to find the "vein"

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I know for a fact that they produce a lot of halves with a copper stripe on the edge.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt said:
I know for a fact that they produce a lot of halves with a copper stripe on the edge.
:laughing7:

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other

Bigheed said:

So bigheed- You are saying that if I were to get coin from Chain A- All the coin would be from Chain A and none from Chain B even if Chain B uses the same carrier?

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

n8dagr8345 said:
Bigheed said:

So bigheed- You are saying that if I were to get coin from Chain A- All the coin would be from Chain A and none from Chain B even if Chain B uses the same carrier?

That is what he is saying. I think that is how it is in larger cities and markets. I know for a 100% fact that it is not this way where I live. If I order from a bank that uses brinks, it comes from one brinks place, no matter what bank it is.

spjegues

Apr 22, 2010
ID, UT, NV

TheRockDoc said:
n8dagr8345 said:
Bigheed said:

That is what he is saying. I think that is how it is in larger cities and markets. I know for a 100% fact that it is not this way where I live. If I order from a bank that uses brinks, it comes from one brinks place, no matter what bank it is.

I totally echo that the rock doc is saying (since we are in the same area) . If I order from Brinks or Loomis in my area they are all coming from the same Brinks or Loomis source regardless of the Bank "chain" .

OP
OP
lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US

Well that's good to hear. I hope I can get a good mix of halves. I guess I'll find out friday when I get my first order in! Thanks everyone for your input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread