CRHing at Disney

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
CRH'ing at Disney

The family and I drove to Disney last week (I did the driving). I really wanted to try some small town banks along the way, but I needed to make good time so I only hit one town (a 3-bank town). Bank 1: No halves; Bank2: had $660, but only let me have $100 (No keepers.); Bank3: No halves.

So, my CRH'ing at Disney:

At Magic Kingdom, we went on the "It's a Small World" ride. I spent the entire ride looking at the coins on the bottom of the canal (thrown there by riders). I saw each US coin including an Ike and lots of small dollars. I saw tons of foreign coins. (I saw Canadian Loonie; Mexican Peso, Diez Peso, 20 Centavos, 50 Centavos; Swiss 1/2 Franc, and many other foreign coins that I either forgot to make a mental note of, or didn't recognize. There were lots of bimetallic coins.) I don't know what I would have done if I would've spied an ASE or greater. I might have "fell" in.
:laughing9:

At the resort, my kids wanted the souvenir squished pennies. The first time they saw the machine, I wasn't with and the wife asked the cashier for pennies. They talked her into taking "shiny" ones (Zn). The next time we came across one of the machines, I asked for some old pennies. The clerk looked at me like I was from Mars. She said "you really want the shiny ones." I said no, I want the ones that are mostly copper so that they stay flatter and more evenly toned. She laid all that she had from her drawer on the counter and let me pick the 15 that I wanted from the pile - no rare dates, just pre-1982.

The pressed Bronze cents really do turn out better than the Cu cladded Zn cents. If anyone is interested, I can post pics.

We had fun and somehow CRH'ing crept in - like it always does.

Upvote 0

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Re: CRH'ing at Disney

It must be a nice job being the guy who sucks out and sorts all those coins

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011

santafeboy said:
It must be a nice job being the guy who sucks out and sorts all those coins

Yeah must be very nice. I'd want to swap out anything good if I could. Under an agreement so I wouldn't get accused of stealing though. And with little knowledge of why I want that coin. Oh I just like unique coins, I've never seen one of those before..........

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250

Disney has never cleaned out the coins in its a small world even during the remodel just something to think about. happy hunting Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions