Wheat War # 40 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
This battle was not as exciting as the last one. Dad was the winner with 17 common wheats (oldest 1941) an one King George VI 1946. Tanner found just 7 Wheats (oldest 1934) one dime and a King George 1944.

Last time we posted some one asked if we have completed the King George VI set. We still need a 1937 cent.

Dad and Tanner
Keep on Searching

Attachments

• Wheat War # 40.JPG
    Wheat War # 40.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
1937 was the first year for George VI coins and the 1 cent has the lowest mintage of all the George VI cents, the mintage is 10,090,231.
I wish you luck on finding one. Have you found the 1947 maple leaf variety as well as the regular 1947? I have already completed my George VI till 2011 set and I am working on making the set from George V (1911) till now. Anything about Canadian coins feel free to ask me. Each box of cents that you search do you also keep copper?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Tanner!! no starfish pennies?? :-\

Just a quick question, I know you find many bahamian cents, do you keep them? how many do you have?... I have done probrably 20 boxes of pennies this year and have gotten maybe 1 or 2... Keep it up!hh

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
Go Tanner!! no starfish pennies?? :-\

Just a quick question, I know you find many bahamian cents, do you keep them? how many do you have?... I have done probably 20 boxes of pennies this year and have gotten maybe 1 or 2... Keep it up!hh

Yes we keep them, we probably have about ten. We have never kept them separate from the wheats we find. I will probably get a plastic tube to keep them in. I guess we find one every 6 boxes or so. We have quite a few lately.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gordon and tanner said:
Last time we posted some one asked if we have completed the King George VI set. We still need a 1937 cent.

Thanks for answering. Love to know that stuff. Hope the '37 is in the next batch, along with maybe the '23 or the '25!

Question for That Canadian Guy - where is a good site that shows date varieties, like the near and far 6 on 1996 nickels?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions