built a new home for my Ryedale (pics)

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share this with you all, my new CRHing lair.

I built this workbench from a 2x4 basics kit you can get off amazon. Just cut the 2x4's to the width and length you want and get some MDF for the shelves.

My Ryedale is a happy Ryedale now on its new perch.

I still need to secure a source of bagged pennies vs. boxes and I could have very profitable operation down there doing halves and dumping in bags of pennies!

HH
Bigheed

Attachments

• IMG_1817 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1817 - Copy.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1818 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1818 - Copy.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 896
  • IMG_1819 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1819 - Copy.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_1820 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1820 - Copy.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 919
Upvote 0

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one of those bad.....hopefully i can get on tax time.....lol

And a bank that will order me 10-20 boxes a day...lol

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Do you let the pennies (cents, I know) fall all the way to the floor right now? Seems a long way to go and they could spread out and miss the mark.

I have two old penny boxes right under the shoots, and the pennies fall into those. PLus, by being close it allows me to watch the reject tray while working the pennies. That way I catch the older (1941 and older) pennies that seem to go to the wrong side. I don't have to go through the pennies twice, like some people do. that's a waste of machine wear and time, and means more cleaning and work per coin. So keeping the boxes close to me, at table level, allows me to keep feeding it and watcing for old ones at the same time. :-)

Closing in on two tons of stored pennies. That's what's left AFTER selling all I sold on ebay and C.L. at 1.6 per penny, before the price of copper dropped down.

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my old setup was lower....haven't decided yet if i will build a ramp or just get taller bins , that part shouldnt be much of an issue.

I used to watch the reject bin & copper bin to pull wheats but after a while I Just don't care about them that much. If I glance and see a wheat or rake the pile and see one i'll pull it out, but ideally I want to just set it and forget it for 10 minutes till its time to fill up the hopper again.

It doesnt reject all the pre 41's either. I reran my first 200 face like it said you could double sort and I got 1 extra wheat, so no way I would ever double sort them again, that is a waste of time and machine wear.

Been very happy with the little guy though, he works hard!

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet setup! Thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm still using my dining room table for my CRH efforts. It has one of those thick glass covers on it, which works great for smacking the roll to break it open and also protecting my maple table underneath. However, I need to do something about the lighting; it's sucks because there is not enough natural (or electric) lights. Oh well, one project at a time :)

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a great set up man i bet that operation runs well with a beer sitting on the table as well

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a great set up man i bet that operation runs well with a beer sitting on the table as well

you bet it does!

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bench. Nice Dewalt chop saw too

power miter is a must :icon_thumright:

Nice design, well built. You must be an engineer.

you already know I am a chemical engineer....but I cannot take credit for the design....thats the kit!

once i get a flatscreen down there with wifi to the DVR it will be an official MAN CAVE!!!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice design, well built. You must be an engineer.
you already know I am a chemical engineer....but I cannot take credit for the design....thats the kit!

once i get a flatscreen down there with wifi to the DVR it will be an official MAN CAVE!!!

:tongue3: Yes, but Mancave Creation 101 is a prereq to any engineering degree I heard. Reminds me of my dad's hangar here in PHX...yes we own a plane...just an awesome awesome mancave. Equipped with couch, TV, cold beer, pictures of planes and half naked chicks, a plane itself, tools, and more cold beer. Every dad needs one. :icon_thumleft:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Very nice pard!
A little too antiseptic for my taste but well organized.
Make sure you set aside a little extra time when you're in my hood and I'll give you a tour of the ranch.
Priority list =Recliner, HD flat screen, full size beer fridge, Ryedale, humidor, antlers, gun rack, etc... :wink:

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tx tim its organized because its brand spankin new!

just wait till it gets a few projects under its belt a couple hundred K in coins....it will be thrashed enough in no time :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread