I met another T-Net CRHer tonight while hunting at a local bank!!!!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I met another T-Net CRH'er tonight while hunting at a local bank!!!!

I stopped in my favorite buy bank for my Friday dime fix.

"I'm sorry. We are really short on dimes this week. I can sell you $100 worth" the friendly teller said.

Not to be left for the weekend with only $100 in dimes, I reluctantly swung into another local bank. Let me tell you...they haven't been the rudest tellers...but I am sure they take second place. Even as I drove our car into the bank lot, I told my wife "In just two minutes, I'm going to get shot down again by one of their tellers."

You see, I have politely asked many times at this bank to buy both halves and dimes, and have been told many times "NO", followed by an attempt to publicly humiliate me for even asking.

So, I walk in, try to position myself to get one of the young tellers, which on occasion, have sold me small amounts of dimes. I even got a little nervous when I saw an older teller walk up to a window and ask for the next person in line!

I asked the PYT (Pretty Young Teller) if she had any rolls of dimes to spare, and then notice a guy buying MW halves. "I'll take whatever is left in the half dollar box too" I chimed.

I was surprised and startled when I realized that:

1. The PYT was going to let me have $150 in dimes.
2. That guy is a CRH'er and they are selling him half dollars, in machine wrapped rolls, an they are not yelling at him for asking!!!!!

I immediately started a conversation with him...it turns out that he posts on our forum!!!

I've never really talked one-on-one with another CRH'er, so it was very cool to trade notes and stories with him about our area.

If you ever have the chance to meet HoosierDaddy, please do so. He is a super nice guy, and very interesting to talk to.

BTW, after I told him about my experiences with that bank, he generously offered to sell me half of his half dollar purchase! What a gentleman!!!!!

HH to you, HoosierDaddy...and congrats on the finds!!!!!!

Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I met another T-Net CRH'er tonight while hunting at a local bank!!!!

awesome story glad to see there are some truly friendly people here and this goes to show that

HoosierDaddy

Greenie
Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I feel compelled to echo Clovis' feelings. I too enjoyed meeting him and very much enjoyed "picking his brain" as he is a veteran. Felt like a fox in a henhouse when I heard him ask for halves after a scooped them....oops! Won't be back to that bank, sorry Clovis!! Only one WL in the entire $220 lot (serves me right).

HH and watch out for the guy in front of you! (He could be moving in on your territory) :o

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Great story. BTW, most of us on here would kill for one WL out of $220 in halves.

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011

It's great we can all get along!!!

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA

HoosierDaddy - what a fantastic and witty forum name. Love it!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great story :icon_thumright:

The best part is now you guys can double team the tellers and drive them nuts :laughing7:

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009

The best part is you can now avoid pissing in each others stream.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Thank you for the replies!!!!

It was very cool to meet HoosierDaddy.

Hopefully, the next time I meet up with him in a bank, I will be the guy in line ahead of him!!!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread