Nice surprise!

boxhunter

Jan 5, 2011
I was going through a box of cents and things weren't looking too good. :-\ I had only found a 1943 Canadian cent until I poured out a roll and out popped a 1964 SILVER dime! :o For a few seconds I couldn't believe my eyes because I had seen only about 1 or 2 other people who had found this and I never thought I would find something like this. I am soooo happy! ;D
The rest of the box only prodused a 1941 Can. and a few from the 50's.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd sure say that's a nice surprise from a cent box. :thumbsup:

So was it a Roosie or a Canadian dime? Either way it's a nice keeper from a cent box. :)

I had kind of a nice surprise earlier tonight when I found my first Merc ('41D) from some rolls (dime) I bought earlier today. She's a little dirty and worn but she's still a Merc!

HH

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That certainly is a nice surprise. How long have you been at this? What do you usually average for cent boxes? I typically get 5 or so George VI and sometimes I will find wheats mixed in.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
B

boxhunter

Jan 5, 2011
It was a Canadian silver dime and I have been doing this for about 2 years and average about 6 George the 6th and about 4 wheat's.

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doesn't get any better than that
great job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions