My rant

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Ladies and gentlemen!
I know it may get old hearing about people upset with this bank, that bank, this teller or that teller... Or upset about policy or what not. Also, there seem to be a few new people who are asking some of the same old questions that have been asked before and they may be able to find answers somewhere on this forum BUT folks, this is an active forum. People will complain, people will ask repeat questions. LET THEM! If you do not care to post a response, DON'T. That is just my 2 cents. Which isnt worth much(unless its a 1955 Double die and a 1909-S VDB)
Enjoy the hunts! Enjoy the hoops we jump through for a metal coin we used to throw in a bucket of change and spend like all the rest.

Disagree if you want, but that is just my opinion of what goes on in an active online forum. I mean, I know my girlfriend is tired of hearing about my coins, so this is my release.
N8

Upvote 0

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
I know my girlfriend is tired of hearing about my coins, so this is my release.
N8

My girlfriend told me she was tired of hearing about "those people on treasurenet" and how much silver they get compared to me...guess who I didn't take out to dinner last night? Haha. :laughing7:

HH,
Cody.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
and a 1909 S-VBD)
Just saying for future reference, it is 1909-s VDB-- if it were vbd, that would be a million dollar error(or more likely a fake) :laughing7:

Diver_Down got to this before me just as I went to post my 2 cents.

HH and happy thanksgiving!

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
It is a Doubled Die and a VDB, but at least you referred to them as Cents.

Double, or Doubled its still worth more than my opinion and -S or S- the point should still be taken and forgive the VBD VDB typo. Fingers work fast, brain doesn't... maybe thats why I get in so much trouble at times?. Sorry if my jargon isn't up to speed yet!
N8

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
fistfulladirt said:
You threw silver coins into a bucket of change and then spent them?
I am sure we all have at one point or another(not intentionally) and those that were around pre 1964 I am sure had to of...
n8

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
fistfulladirt said:
You threw silver coins into a bucket of change and then spent them?
I am sure we all have at one point or another(not intentionally) and those that were around pre 1964 I am sure had to of...
n8
I'm pre '64 and no way Jose!
Speak for yourself ;D
Still have the first dollar I ever made :tongue3:

raulduke

Nov 15, 2011
southern N.H.
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
Also, there seem to be a few new people who are asking some of the same old questions that have been asked before and they may be able to find answers somewhere on this forum BUT folks, this is an active forum. People will complain, people will ask repeat questions. LET THEM! If you do not care to post a response, DON'T. N8
as a new coin roll hunter, Thanks n8 :icon_thumright:

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
As I argued last time this topic was discussed: The tired old questions will always be tired and old. With all of the new hunters though, there just might be some fresh new answers to some of those tired old questions - you never know.

Anyway, it's good for the hobby to have new hunters educated at least on matters of bank/teller etiquette.

sultan of silver

Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this forum, and having a good time looking for silver. Just trying to learn as much as I can from some of you PRO'S!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
sultan of silver said:
New to this forum, and having a good time looking for silver. Just trying to learn as much as I can from some of you PRO'S!

BuffaloBoy said it best a few weeks ago, some rainy day/Sunday just read through the posts. Go back pages and pages. You don't have to read them all. Skip over the incessant daily updates of skunk streaks and 2 or 3 40%'er scores. You'll soon recognize the threads with info. Read and read some more. Knowing the rules of the game and whatever advantages you can gain will pay off more than just blindly scavenging 2 or 3 40%'ers. Some will say - time spent reading is less time spent hunting, and it is true to some extent. But those that live by that adage, also have the finds to show for it - unimpressive.

F

Farchaus2k

madwest said:
Anyway, it's good for the hobby to have new hunters educated at least on matters of bank/teller etiquette.

+1

I've stared bringing bagels into my dump banks as well as my pick-up banks. Keeps the tellers who have to change the coin bags on the machines happy, and keeps the tellers who order me the boxes happy. Courtesy, smiles, and thank you's can get you a long way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread