First box of halves does not disappoint

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my first box at the bank today while dumping my last batch of dimes. I had not planned on buying halves today because the ones I ordered at my regular branch were not in yet. While dumping the dimes I asked and the teller if they had any boxes of halves, they did have one so I bought it. It netted:

90%- 1962 Franklin
40%- 1969D

I figure thats not bad for out west, at least I didn't get skunked. I have 5 more boxes on order, hopefully they will also give up some silver.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
better than a skunk is right. :)

I've still never found a bank with an extra box of halves in their vault. I've even been having a difficult time ordering them from my bank lately. Last week the excuse was they couldn't order them because of the holidays. So I was expecting my order today but when I called I got the same excuse - no half boxes because of the holidays. What kind of an excuse is that? At this rate I'll be lucky to get any half boxes before mid-Januaray.

At least BOA has an endless supply of other coin boxes that are always available. So I just got another box of dimes today.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
better than a skunk is right. :)

I've still never found a bank with an extra box of halves in their vault. I've even been having a difficult time ordering them from my bank lately. Last week the excuse was they couldn't order them because of the holidays. So I was expecting my order today but when I called I got the same excuse - no half boxes because of the holidays. What kind of an excuse is that? At this rate I'll be lucky to get any half boxes before mid-Januaray.

At least BOA has an endless supply of other boxes that are always available.

Thats funny because the vault teller at my regular BOA actually asked me if I wanted to order halves boxes, and how many. I guess it depends on the area.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
BOA often offers to order halves for me also - they sometimes even order them when I don't even ask them to. But I can't get anything but skunks with them where I live so I've been trying my luck with another bank who has another supplier. The vault teller at this bank seems real nice but I seem to have a difficult time getting the supplier to supply.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stopped by my other BOA branch to pick up some bags and low and behold the three boxes I ordered were already there! Get to do some more hunting tonight! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread