what is better for coin roll hunting banks or credit unions

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
TheCoinFinder said:
well coin finder here I wanted to know if credit unions or the large banks for coin roll hunting
maybe the smaller banks have coins sitting around for a long time :dontknow:

Hit them all, you never know what you will find.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best score was a credit union, bag of 1000 halves fresh off the coin machine with 44 silvers in it. You never know what you will find.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
My best score was a credit union, bag of 1000 halves fresh off the coin machine with 44 silvers in it. You never know what you will find.
You were lucky they sold it to you as a non-member, but luck is what it's all about!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
namster said:
You were lucky they sold it to you as a non-member, but luck is what it's all about!

I've said it before - depends on the teller. I have branches of CUs that on one side of town they are sticklers and the other side could care less. Hit them all! The worst they can say is no.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed it depends as well. My local credit union (which I am a member of), two branches will sell me whatever is in the machine at the time. The other two tell me to pound sand.

Local_coins said:
fistfulladirt said:
namster said:

I've said it before - depends on the teller. I have branches of CUs that on one side of town they are sticklers and the other side could care less. Hit them all! The worst they can say is no.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread