A new thought about CRH

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
What do you do whith the money you earn coin roll hunting? At some point you must sell those silver 40%ers. I save the franlins, walkers, and BU kennedies that are silver but the rest i sell when its time, and i have a lot of them. Since i collect coins i sometimes spend the money on old, rare coins. IE: Sell 3 or 4 40% Kennedy halves for an early date walker or a nice looking barber. What do you do with your proffit? Besides save the ones you like or need as part of a collection.

-CC

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Your brain is amazing for your age dude.
Man, you are always thinking and I appreciate
that you are willing to share all these creative ideas.
Keep up the searching and finding CC! Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks Bdoo! I dont know how, i just seem to think about these things in my spare time, and i love sharing them on TN because i know that everyone here is always so nice and always willing to hear me out and join in the discussion. Thanks for the compliment!

Goldinmypan, hypotheticaly if silver does hit $100 an ounce, im guessing that you will sell the halves. But what will you do with the extra money? Maybe buy some old coins for your collection? Save the money? I dont think it will reach $100 an ounce though, But you never know!

Thanks!

-CC

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool if you dont want to buy something put your money in the bank an get interest

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I really don't think it will hit 100 either, Cool. But I am hanging on to what I find. How much longer do you think the Fed will make halves. Since 2002 they haven't been released to circulation. Ikes are no longer a circulating coin, will halves follow suit? My grandkids are 2 and 4 now, a little young to collect for now but soon... I hope I can put a decent collection together to start them off when they're ready. I just got to keep them from using my Walkers to buy candy with. ;D ;D

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Lol. No WS, im trying to think of something better than interest. It doesnt pay very well right now at all. In june i opened up a CD with some money and thats been going pretty good.

GIMP, keep those walkers safe! Lol. Do you even save all of the 40% kennedy halves? How many do you have now?

Thanks,

-CC

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I've used my coins from MD'ing to buy nice coins for my collection...I'm saving my silver to help buy real estate. I buy houses, fix them up, and sell them. It's a lot like treasure hunting! ;D HH

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Great idea killerwine! Sounds like a double proffit to me!

-CC

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting article! It's important to note that it was written well before the silver "mini boom" of this year. Thanks for the link Phillip!

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for the article! Thats really an interesting concept to think about. If you ask me i think from what the article said i mught be better off selling while im ahead! THANKS EVERYONE!

-CC

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I save the 90% coins. I have been selling the 40% halves and using the money to buy more rolls of halves from banks.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
With current silver price at $11.70, and the amount of silver in each 90% half (.362 oz.), each 90% half is worth $4.2354

40% halves are currently worth $1.73 each on silver content alone.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey coolcash... since you are young just SAVE your silver halves. I save all of mine and have no real desire to sell them unless silver does something out of this world. Plus since I only have 50 cents invested in them I don't really have an issue with hoarding them and I'm not losing any money. In our lifetime silver will go up dramtically to go with rises in inflation. Just hoard it all for when you are out of school to buy your first house with. Then fix it up and sel it for a profit to buy a bigger and better house. Killerwine is doing something that he probably enjoys a lot and is making a good profit doing so I bet considering how much stronger the california real estate market is than my indiana market, haha.

Unless you are going to invest in Semi-Key or Key Date coins then you aren't really gaining too much by purchasing worn down walker or barber halves at greater than melt value.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks! Thats a great idea! Maybe instead of keeping them for the first house i'l keep them for a first car. Thats a great idea though, save them for something much farther in the future... thanks!

-CC

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolcash2004 said:
Thanks! Thats a great idea! Maybe instead of keeping them for the first house i'l keep them for a first car. Thats a great idea though, save them for something much farther in the future... thanks!

-CC

There ya go... a car is a GREAT idea!

Buy a nice ride and keep on hunting to make some more cash to pay for accessories for your car. Pimp it out to get all of the ladies ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions