Found 15 silver dimes ! But got shorted!$ 375 at Td today.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I searched $ 2200 in dimes and found 15 silver. I then went to dump $1100 at first TD , and count was fine. Then went to my other Td and got back $725. i told the teller I was short, he did not no what to do. I gave him my name and number, and said to tell his boss about it. I said it will show up when the counting service dose the weekly count. I went to cash out my receipts and told the other teller what happened , she said it would take a few days. I told her that I have been through this before. We will see how it go,s. i also did 5 boxes of halfs last week for 1/ 90 and 15/ 40s. HH I will post the outcome when i here from the bank.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if the problem was because of the coin denomination or not but I'm sure glad I don't have to worry about the hassles and expense of using ccm's for dumping dimes. Plus those TD machines seem like a real time consuming hassle with all the bag changes that are needed.

Anyway, good luck & HH :)

Rojas108

Nov 6, 2008
They most likely got counted as pennies. You have to tell them to check the penny bag when that happens.

Steelers0626

Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to scare you or anything, but that happened to me at TD bank too, and they got the receipt from the fed back 1 week later, and they told me they were actually short themselves, so I lost $100. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many brand machines have the same problem: counting dime as penny. So I roll all my dimes if I really want to search them. I am happy with other denominations.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The counter that I use always shows what's counted as what. My CU knows that I usually dump straight dimes. The receipt shows any dimes counted as cents. They always credit my account later. Good luck

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactally why I do not do dimes anymore, it just is not worth the hassle. Of course I could probrably get some decant silver, but I once was shorted $206.70 on a box of dimes when dimes were counted as pennies. Took 2 weeks for my money to be refunded.

P.s. the TD bank near me runs a roll of pennies nickels dimes and quarters periodically through the machine 4-5 times daily to ensure accuracy. They usually do a run right after I finish up when they have to pull out the machine.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you make out, and killer dime day you had!!

postvmvs

Dec 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been shorted with TD every time, dimes counted as pennies and worse. Last time I ran over $500 of pennies, nickles, and dimes and it came back at around $30. Still trying to resolve this. Moving on, not going back. Yeah that 80 lb bag I lugged in only had $30 in it??!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread