Poll: Dime searchers- what carrier do you prefer most...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I forgot any, let me know, I think I got the main carriers. This excludes CWR.

Just getting an idea on who likes what.

I am really considering dimes to search for 2012, but I do not know what carrier my bank supplies, They are green and white MWR, and it is good to have something other than the skunky brinks dimes.

Thanks for the input!

p.s. if anybody could clarify the difference between garda and loomis dimes, please do!!

HH and happy holidays, BB!

**EDIT** Changed the poll settings, I understand different parts of the cuntry produce differently. This poll is not for edge checking brinks, but how the boxes produce. **

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kinda offtopic, but in Canada, machine wrapped dime rolls contain no coins dated before 2000 :( . I think the machines used in brinks facilities are sorting out all the nickel and silver ones. So the best bet in CWR.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
It's kinda offtopic, but in Canada, machine wrapped dime rolls contain no coins dated before 2000 :( . I think the machines used in brinks facilities are sorting out all the nickel and silver ones. So the best bet in CWR.
Aren't you aware of the mints coin recycling program? That explains why. Where I am most, but not all, machine wrapped are done by a private company, not sure if Brinks or not, I have found silver in those rolls before.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
Canadian hunter said:
Aren't you aware of the mints coin recycling program? That explains why. Where I am most, but not all, machine wrapped are done by a private company, not sure if Brinks or not, I have found silver in those rolls before.
both are interesting comments, I did not know about Canada's recycling program with their coins.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Bring's dimes are just fine. i believe they seem skunky because of how FAST you can go through them being clear wraps. i averaged 1 per box, sometimes got 2 or 3, but have been skunked a few times in a row with them. if you have enough $$$ go in and get a bunch! easy fast silver!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I know about that program. That is why i stick to CWR. I don't even bother to check paper machine wrapped rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread