Im still looking for my 1st Walker!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been at this since May and have done well. But I only have 3 Bens and 0 Walkers!! The only thing that is holding me over is I have a Walking Liberty .999 1oz coin that I play with in my hand during my 2 hours of driving to work everyday.

Im wondering how others are doing in the Walker cateogory? Sorry DB...I dont even want to know how many you have. :tongue3:

Is there a 40% to 90% Kens to Bens to Walkers ratio like there is with dimes to mercs like we have already discussed?

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3 Bens too!! but with 1 walker. think it was the only ag from a 4 skunky boxes.

hitting a 10 skunky streak right now :angry5:

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Ive only found 1 walking liberty it was a 1933 S, in the same roll was an 1853 seated liberty!! I also found an 1866 seated half in a teller tray

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
santafeboy said:
Ive only found 1 walking liberty it was a 1933 S, in the same roll was an 1853 seated liberty!! I also found an 1866 seated half in a teller tray

Did that teller give you the 1866? Most tellers would never hand over the goods. However I do find that they want to keep old bills more than the coins. Little do they know. You should be very happy in having those seated halves. I don't own any.

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only found 1 Walking Liberty half. The funny part is that I've never found a Ben or 90% Ken.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've found two Walking Libs so far.

I was VERY excited to find them, one each in two different boxes. The second Walking Lib was an ender too, but on the top layer in the dead center of the box.

It was as if a Brinks employee carefully positioned that WL ender to highlight it to a teller, saying "Look right here! Don't miss this one!"

It was the only silver in the entire box.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been CRHing halves since the late 90's and have never gotten a walker. Lots of 64's and some bens, but never the walker.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
SFBayArea said:
santafeboy said:

Did that teller give you the 1866? Most tellers would never hand over the goods. However I do find that they want to keep old bills more than the coins. Little do they know. You should be very happy in having those seated halves. I don't own any.
She didnt even notice when she handed it to me in $12 or so of halves. My favorite type of teller young, pretty and dumb regarding coins

CPL

Aug 14, 2011
I've found Bens, and even a Barber Half, but I'm still looking for my first Walker as well! :P

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
65 from CRH and 1 with the ol' detector. Haven't found a Barber (or older)...yet.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
santafeboy said:
SFBayArea said:
santafeboy said:

She didnt even notice when she handed it to me in $12 or so of halves. My favorite type of teller young, pretty and dumb regarding coins

Yeah those are the best ones. I got 18 (Morgans & Peace) dollars once years ago in San Diego. The girl said an old guy dropped it off. Unfortunetly dumb me, I mentioned what they were worth at the time ($9 each). I left my phone number if they get any large dollar coins, of course they never called me. That was one of the dumbest things I ever did in the biz of CRHing. I should be asking for more CWR's. I always forget to ask. The boxes are real bad nowadays, I need to start asking.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
The boxes of halves lately (BofA) really suck done 3 skunks in a row lately

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
santafeboy said:
The boxes of halves lately (BofA) really suck done 3 skunks in a row lately

3 skunks in a row is nothing.. LOL.. I just tried a larger volume and got dealt 8 skunks.

I still have a 5 skunk streak on dimes going too.. although I haven't picked up any dime boxes in a week.

Don't worry, plug away eventually you'll find more.

That is also bad news on the 2011's dimes for BofA. I've gotten 2011's in WF boxes of late.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
My BofA $500 dime boxes have been not too bad sometimes as many as 5 per. however recently a lot of solid 2011 boxes have made an unwelcome appearance

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3, all of them from boxes. I pulled 2 of them in 2 days time, and one of them is a 1917-D with mintmark on back. That has a mintage below 2 million, but the circulated condition doesn't get me much higher than silver value.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have been getting boxes for two years now, the first year was only 1 or 2 boxes a month, this year 1-2 boxes a week and today was the first day that I even found 2 90%'s in the same box. Last year I found a beat up Walker and today I got a 1941 in OK condition. Along with 2 40%, the last roll I openned had a 64 Kennedy in it.

Attachments

• 12-21-11box.jpg
    12-21-11box.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 538

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first Walker just recently in a box. 7 Bens so far. I need to do more CWRs... I am convinced that they are the only source of BIG scores anymore, esp in my area... Boxes are very hit or miss now.

HH
BB

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 20. 7 were found in a dream CWR roll. And 6 were found with 3 Barbers in $40 CWR. The remaining were found in boxes the last 6 months.

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 18 Walkers to 31 Bens, all found in boxes. I typically do 2-4 boxes a week on average.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread