Give yourself the gift of a Charter Membership

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
We are quite lucky to have this great forum to hang out in, share our finds, discuss the treasure etc. Why not consider a $20 year long Charter Membership. This could be your way to say thanks to the moderators and owner who makes this site available.
That's it, Merry Christmas to All !

BTW; for those of you who think this is a paid advertisement, you are wrong. I just like hanging out here.
Jim

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
We are quite lucky to have this great forum to hang out in, share our finds, discuss the treasure etc. Why not consider a $20 year long Charter Membership. This could be your way to say thanks to the moderators and owner who makes this site available.

BTW; for those of you who think this is a paid advertisement, you are wrong. I just like hanging out here.
Jim

+1

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charter membership gives you a few extra benefits as well. Merry Christmas everyone.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
coolpix9 said:

Jim

+2

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to use PayPal. And last time I checked that was the only way to pay for a charter membership. So instead, I subscribed to the Western & Eastern Treasures magazine for a year. I guess that's my way of trying to help out.

Sorry folks. For me, PayPal=no sale.

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
I also will not use paypal. If there is any other way to pay , let me know and I will become a charter member.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
mts said:
I refuse to use PayPal. And last time I checked that was the only way to pay for a charter membership. So instead, I subscribed to the Western & Eastern Treasures magazine for a year. I guess that's my way of trying to help out.

I've seen several posts about this issue. You can send a check or money order to another CM, and they will take care of your membership.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
mts said:

I've seen several posts about this issue. You can send a check or money order to another CM, and they will take care of your membership.

That's good to know. But what if I refuse to send a check with my bank account information on it to a complete stranger? ;D

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it any other way to pay like using a credit card?

I do agree to become a charter member but also I am concern about payment method. I even want to suggest not to let anyone even read the posts if not a paid member. This way we will keep lurkers away and less competition. I do not like pay pall but a credit card method will be ok.

Darth Walker

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
For those that refuse to use PayPal, I'm curious why? What is wrong with PayPal? I don't want to hijack the premise of the thread (supporting TNet), but I'm interested to know of your reasons.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
mts said:
That's good to know. But what if I refuse to send a check with my bank account information on it to a complete stranger? ;D

Go get a Postal Money Order and stop being so negative. It only costs a few bucks to get the Money Order, and is as good as cash and as secure as a check(-ish). Stop being selfish and give back a little.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Darth Walker said:
Is it any other way to pay like using a credit card?

I do agree to become a charter member but also I am concern about payment method. I even want to suggest not to let anyone even read the posts if not a paid member. This way we will keep lurkers away and less competition. I do not like pay pall but a credit card method will be ok.

Darth Walker

You do know that your source of payment via PayPal can be a credit card and not a draft from your bank? In fact for small purchases and Gifts ::) , I recommend people use a PayPal transaction with a credit card with a small credit limit as backing. Easy to maintain oversight of charges to the card, and if only used for online PayPal transactions, you can eliminate fraud.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dok Holliday said:
mts said:

Go get a Postal Money Order and stop being so negative. It only costs a few bucks to get the Money Order, and is as good as cash and as secure as a check(-ish). Stop being selfish and give back a little.

I guess you missed the part about how I subscribed to Western and Eastern treasures in order to "give back a little". ::)

I can buy items online using a credit card from a some guy running a store out of his basement. I can go to a show and an old lady selling honey can swipe my credit card through her iPhone. But if I want to give back a little and help out this web site you expect me to go get a money order, mail it to some stranger, and hope that they sign me up for a charter membership? And you think I'm being selfish? Dude... get a clue. In this day and age you need to accept credit cards if you expect to stay in business online. Even my 74 year old inlaws finally broke down and used their credit card online this year to buy Christmas presents. It's not the 1990's anymore...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
mts said:
Dok Holliday said:
mts said:

I guess you missed the part about how I subscribed to Western and Eastern treasures in order to "give back a little". ::)

I can buy items online using a credit card from a some guy running a store out of his basement. I can go to a show and an old lady selling honey can swipe my credit card through her iPhone. But if I want to give back a little and help out this web site you expect me to go get a money order, mail it to some stranger, and hope that they sign me up for a charter membership? And you think I'm being selfish? Dude... get a clue. In this day and age you need to accept credit cards if you expect to stay in business online. Even my 74 year old inlaws finally broke down and used their credit card online this year to buy Christmas presents. It's not the 1990's anymore...

Which brings me to my original question as to why not use PayPal?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
But I want to see how many posts it takes to become a gold member status. I'm aiming for silver member status right now. :laughing7:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
mts said:
Dok Holliday said:
mts said:

Google for "paypal sucks" and you'll get more reasons than anyone could possibly need.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
mts said:
Diver_Down said:
mts said:
Dok Holliday said:
mts said:

Google for "paypal sucks" and you'll get more reasons than anyone could possibly need.

I wanted to know why "you" don't use it not why "others" don't like it. I've used it for 10 years and never had a problem. I don't like their fees, but it isn't a big deal. But enough of this back and forth. I asked early on in the thread, but none of the detractors could come up with concrete reasons why not. The original premise of the thread is about supporting TNet not about PayPal.

Choose to support TNet or don't. It is apparent to all who choose to support TNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread