Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Re: Explain your USERNAME on this thread...

My name originated from my love for all things gold. I have been actively seeking this beautiful metal since I was a little boy. Ford is my last name so I stuck it together and came up with GOLDMANFORD or GMF.

My avatar is the flag of Blackbeard the pirate's flagship, the Queen Anne's Revenge. My wife and I are fascinated with all things related to the beach and call the Crystal Coast of NC our second home. The Queen Anne's Revenge was found in the waters off the shores of Beaufort, NC. We spend many weekends each year in this beautiful area.

Check out the website for the QAR and it's recovery and conservation. There are some interesting finds pictured and since we are all about finding treasures, I thought I would share.

http://www.qaronline.org/

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Went to school and earned my degree in Marine Science. Decided to take vacation after graduation before joining the rat race. Ended up living and working (diving) throughout the Caribbean and the Bahamas. I've been a PADI Instructor for 15 years and counting. I've since found more lucrative pursuits, but I always maintain my certifications and my network throughout the Caribbean. When I get tired of this reality, I plan on heading down island and blending in with the rest of the ex-pats.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mine is ckrakowski

c because it is the first letter of my first name casimir but i go by casey
and krakowski because that is my last name.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010

I have been removing trees over peoples houses for 32 years now. i dont move as fast as i did in the old days , but I still take down a dozen or two a week. I would much rather go diving with my metal detector, but you have to make a living. HH

Texar

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Nickname given to me in 5th grade... I referred to myself ONCE in college as "Texar" and it stuck. My initials are "TT" so with Texar as a nickname, well, that's alliteration!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other

Mine was just I was playing the Wii back when it came out and made a Mii to look like the default ones from Wii Sports and came up with the name of Generic Lad and it just sort of stuck as a name and so I decided to make it be my screen name.

My Avatar is of a 1821 British Farthing. A high grade example similar to one I've got, although since I fail at photography its not my coin. Its one of my favorite coins in terms of design that I've been able to find a high grade example of.

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
c is the first letter of my first name, and dick is the first 4 letters of my last name.....i combined that with the title of the childrens book "Dick and Jane"......see dick run!! 64 is year of my birth.....and the last year for silver coinage.....lol.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in 7th grade, my nieghbor introduced me to Adam Sandler CD's which are rude and crude...the GOAT, The BAFOON, Tollbooth Willie, Gay robot etc. Well in 7th grade...of course we memorized them and repeated them line by line in school.

Since then, I have always been a fan of Adam Sandler and ALL his movies, even though some have been complete flops. In his movies, he does have repeating characters and themes that only the true junkie would pick up on. I love GOLF and HOCKEY, hence loved the movie Happy Gilmore. In the film, the tourney director calls his name when hes up to tee off and says....Gilmore Happy, the reverse of his actual name, Happy Gilmore.

I change my avatars a couple times a month.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Name: Midwest isn't clever enough or tough enough, so . . . Madwest
Avatar: I'm a science geek of sorts, hunting for Cu and Ag (and of course Au). The periodic table reminds me what I look for.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My sn originated from Xbox Live, I decided on this one because Stewart is my last name and I just LOVE Irony. It'll take some thinking to understand my sn. My avator is for MY university. SMTTT!

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
John Tyler is my favorite president. He was the original "maverick" and got kicked out of his own party when he wouldn't do what the party leaders wanted after he became president. And he was the 10th, hence JT10.

Dinero2005

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
This is an interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading the posts. Everybody has a story.

My name comes from the days when I was an active skydiver. I was a member of a group of skydivers that called themselves The Rodriguez Brothers. It's mostly a reason party and do shots of tequila out of ladies belly buttons. :headbang: Anyway, after initiation you're given a name and mine was Dinero Rodriguez. I was a real estate investor at the time and I think the half baked skydivers thought I had a lot of dinero. I 2005 was when I started using Dinero as a user name and it stuck.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My username is is reflective of how I've made living the last few years as a gambler, and the avatar is a tribute to my son, who was killed last year doing what he loved, ridding bucking horses

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
snakeyes said:
My username is is reflective of how I've made living the last few years as a gambler, and the avatar is a tribute to my son, who was killed last year doing what he loved, ridding bucking horses

That's deep. And sorry for your loss. Just out of curiousity, What do you play?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when i started here i wanted the name silvercopper because i search for silver and copper. that name was already in use so i just shortened it to silvercop. i am also a police officer but that was not the reason i chose that name but it kind of worked out i guess. also i am a big fan of the 3 stooges.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine's kind of obvious, though then again, I go through a lot of clad Kennedy halves that I don't want to keep!

Though I suppose I'm also a fan of Kennedy. He died shortly before I was born, but we all owe a lot to him for keeping our civilization alive. I read a great book JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters http://amzn.com/1570757550 that shows how close we came to the brink, and how he (working behind the scenes with the leaders of the other side) to prevent that from happening. I don't want to get political in this forum, but I believe we owe him a lot of credit. So I'm a kennedy fan. :-)

And every time I pull out a '64 through '70 (well, just once for the '70), I remember that.

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
JJ is for my first and middle name, James J. theRollHunter explains itself. My avatar is my favorite coin, the Ben Franklin half dollar. Great thread! :thumbsup:

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
favorite two shows seinfeld, and the 4077 is from M*A*S*H

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread