little silver at a new bank

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Went to a small town bank that only took me about 4 miles out of the way of my normal 45 mile drive home after work. Only had $100 in cash today so I got 10 rolls. The teller was very happy to get rid of them. I asked her if she had any more and she said that they had 25 more rolls and that I was more than welcome to come back and clean them out and that if I wanted $2 bills she had a bunch of them to. I only have $140 to play with this week so by Friday I should have her cleaned out. Out of the 10 rolls I got today i pulled 3-40% and one 90% JFK. Maybe when I get to the end of the pile on Friday I will find that roll full of walkers ;).

Speaking of walkers, a few years ago I was at an auction and bought a lot that included several boxes of junk for $1. At the bottom of one of the boxes I found a jar full of change that had 3 walkers and 1 Ben along with about $10.00 worth of other change. I ended up making about $150 on ebay with the stuff that was in those boxes. I did keep the 3 walkers and 1 Ben and I am glad now that I did.

Upvote 0

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Cool beans! Im glad to see the silver seems to be flowing bountifully for the faithful. :) Ive heard some good things about junk boxes at auctions and garage sales. Nice!

Okie Angie

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2006
I've been reading your posts for a while now and was wondering what other towns you are hitting besides Ponca City, because I live somewhat close, and I'm wondering what banks to not waste my time at. thanks
Angie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread