First day hunting finds

Navyguy

Greenie
Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made my New Year resolution to start CRH. I live in a major city so I thought it would be a great hobby. Here is what happens the first time I give it a go.
Go to my bank and ask if they have any halves. They have none and offer to get me a box. So I order them. I then ask for a hundred in dimes. I get to work and get board so I start searching.
Here is what I find:
5- 1951-1964
1- 1941

Not bad and now I'm hooked!

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Navyguy said:
I made my New Year resolution to start CRH. I live in a major city so I thought it would be a great hobby. Here is what happens the first time I give it a go.
Go to my bank and ask if they have any halves. They have none and offer to get me a box. So I order them. I then ask for a hundred in dimes. I get to work and get board so I start searching.
Here is what I find:
5- 1951-1964
1- 1941

Not bad and now I'm hooked!

Its like winning the lottery every time you find something, its a great feeling.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
It is a very addictive activity! BTW: That is a super dime box with 6 total including a merc. My best ever was two times with five in a box.

Nice score.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! :icon_thumleft:

6 silver dimes in only $100 is absolutely fantastic. The "typical" average seems to be about 1-2 per $250. You should definitely go back to that bank and get every roll of dimes they will sell to you! Someone apparently cashed in a collection. You very well might want to try the quarters, nickels and even cents as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread