12 boxes my two first walking liberty coins

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a coin show a few weeks ago and saw some walking liberties. I had seen the coin in photos but never in my hand, I immediately fell in love with the coin and I almost bought some of them but being a coin roll hunter I like to find my coins so I didn't buy them. Today I finished my 12 boxes of this week and I have found 2 walking liberties :hello2: I almost missed them because when I looked at the roll their edges looked just like clad..... thank god I check dates. I could not believe my luck. These 12 boxes were pretty good. In the first roll of the first box I found 7 40% coins. And in the second box I find 3 90% in the same roll. Finaly my last box produce 27 40%. Here is the final count:

1942: 1
1943: 1
1964: 12
1965: 1
1966: 3
1967: 9
1968: 16
1969: 10

Now I need to find a Frankling half dollar :headbang:

Click this link for the pictures
http://img848.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=1002236p.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CubanHunter

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImpurestStewart said:
Your bedspread turns me on :laughing9: Kidding.

:o for some weird reason I like to do my coin roll hunting on my bed while listening an audio book or a podcast. :tard:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice boxes Cuban!

Not sure how any 90% could ever be confused as clad :-) Maybe black from corrosion but thats always a flashing light to check!

You guys don't need to do a full date check either, just slide the roll out from one end when you open it so you can see about half of the surface of each coin. You will be able to hear & see any silver almost guaranteed this way.....then when you chuck them in the coin bag just pinch them together for a quick edge check before the bag toss.

That's my method and I do a box in 8-10 minutes this way. Of course if you are specifically checking for errors or dates for collections thats another story.

Hope you get more of the same good stuff!

HH,
Bigheed

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
some nice finds & some really good boxes (27 40% from one box is great) & congrats on the Walkers too! :thumbsup:

Always love seeing Lady Liberty - she's my favorite too.....esp @ fv. :)

H$H!

Delta2187

Sep 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...not enough room in Florida for any more CRH's :D

Congrats and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread