Didnt like my dumps

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Didn't like my dumps

I was dumping my halfs and nickels today at a BOA bank where I keep getting the same teller who is always real nice to me. As she was putting my halfs into a 200 dollar holder, she was telling the other teller how many halfs she had altogether and said, "You know that guy who bought the 250 from me today? He brought them all back a half hour later." She then told me that they were the last halfs I had brought in. I told her I never bring any coins back to where I get them from and she said, "We only have a real small area for our coins, how do you want that, large bills?"
"Yes, thanks a lot, you have a good weekend." I said.
"You too, see you next week." She smiled as I left.
I guess 1 or 2 simple rules are just too much for some people to follow.

When I first started bringing coins to this branch, a Women Manager was kind of stern with me one time and said that if they kept getting too much in coins they would have to stop it. I did not want to lose a dump bank so close to my house so I was as polite as I could be to her. A little while after that one of the tellers started counting out my money and when she kept on going after 5 or 6 hundred I stopped her and said something was wrong. She had counted each of my 10 dollar half rolls as 25 dollar for the new dollar coins. She must have thanked me for three weeks after that and I have never had another problem with anyone there, even the Manager smiles when she sees me coming in with my 2 or 3 boxes of mixed coins.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Re: Didn't like my dumps

Salute.
I'd rather have good-will equity than someone else's money in my pocket.

Keep on Rollin' !

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Qustion,

If the coins are rolled and you want to deposit onto your account. Can they refuse them?

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011

I don't think that they would refuse a deposit into my account but they are the ones making the rules so I guess they could do anything they want. All of my dump banks just ask me if I am exchanging the coins and I just say yes. One of my BOA branches told me they would rather I used the coins bag for deposits of coins into my account which I have done a few times when I had a lot of cents and nickels. I use their dive-up window as one of my pick-ups so I don't like to bring coins inside this bank even if I am depositting them, they are my regular checking account.

At one of my main pick-up banks the VT was complaining to me about a guy who dumped 1700 of halfs at one time on her, I try to never bring even a whole box of halfs at any one time and mix it with nickels and dimes, so what someone can do and what they should do are different. She can only send in 1,000 at a time, so after she tried to get me to take them for three or four weeks because they were taking up so much room in her vault and just sat there while she was ordering me my two boxes a week, I suggested to her on the phone if she wanted I could bring her back 300 from one of my last boxes. She was so happy that I was helping her to get rid of the halfs she must have thanked me for a month.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

This reminds me of an incident back in the late '70's when I was hunting "wheaties". All pennies were copper then. Back then there was a glut of pennies on the market and banks were happy to get rid of them. I went into a local bank and asked for $50 in pennies. Upon receiving them the teller asked me not to bring them back to the bank. (basically take them to another bank). Getting home that night, I opened the bag and rolls of quarters stared back at me. $500 worth. The next day I walked back into the bank and stood in line. While waiting, the same teller was saying, "You're not suppose to bring them back." I told her, You want these." She looked perplexed. When it was my turn, I laid the bag down and opened it up. She didn't know what to say. The bag was tagged as pennies. There was an accounting error somewhere.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What goes around comes around 10 fold. Honesty pays off and goes a long way. Karma rewards are great.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not worth stealing the money, better to correct them and be able to sleep at night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread