namster 28 boxes of halves total for the week 2/13-2/18

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rough week, thought it was going to be terrible until box 8 from bank 2. I am reducing my pickups on bank 1 by 6 boxes and upping bank 2 by 2 boxes. Also going to dump more heavily into bank 1. Still ended up with 5.44 oz of silver, cant complain about that.

Bank 1

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk
4) Skunk
5) 68
6) 67
7) Skunk
8 ) Skunk
9) Skunk
10) Skunk
11) Skunk
12) Skunk
13) 68
14) Skunk

Bank 2

1) 61, 64, 66, 67, 69
2) Skunk
2) Skunk
4) 64, 65
5) Skunk
6) 65
7) Skunk
8 ) 63, 65x2, 66x3, 67x9, 68x2
9) 65

Bank 3

1) Skunk
2) 67
3) Skunk
4) 67
5) Skunk

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well at least you got a couple of decent boxes.

I had a rough week with my half boxes too - just one 40% & two '86S S of L commems from 5 boxes.

I had pretty good luck with cwr dimes this week though - 3 keepers from $205 cwr's.

I should have at least 5 more half boxes next week. Better luck to us both.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - 18/28 skunks; that is a lot of skunks. And I was complaining about my 6/14 skunks this week. Definately try to get more boxes from bank 2... looks like a better mix. You are doing fantastic volume tho. Congrats on that. You'll get your silver one way or another!

HH
BB

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
Wow - 18/28 skunks; that is a lot of skunks. And I was complaining about my 6/14 skunks this week. Definately try to get more boxes from bank 2... looks like a better mix. You are doing fantastic volume tho. Congrats on that. You'll get your silver one way or another!

HH
BB

My worst yet. Last week I got 7 skunks out of 25 and totaled over 20 oz. I definitely need to shift from bank 1 to bank 2.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Reminds me of the boxes out here.. bunch of skunks with a few boxes that make up for some of those skunks. Very typical numbers like that out here.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
Reminds me of the boxes out here.. bunch of skunks with a few boxes that make up for some of those skunks. Very typical numbers like that out here.

Yeah, not sure what is going on. If I get another batch of boxes like this next week I suspect I have gone through the pile and will pick up the odd insertions from CRWs and bags. I have a few other banks to check out too. I had a week like this early on and then it picked up again so who knows.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

Yeah, not sure what is going on. If I get another batch of boxes like this next week I suspect I have gone through the pile and will pick up the odd insertions from CRWs and bags. I have a few other banks to check out too. I had a week like this early on and then it picked up again so who knows.

Who knows.. maybe you single handed drained your own area out. LOL
You live in a smaller area right?

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Let's see $14000 dollars searched

You found 4x 90%ers & 27 x 40%ers.

(4 x 11.25gm) + (27 x 4.6 gm) = 45+124.2=169.2 gm=5.44oz of silver

$14000/5.44oz= $2573 searched per 1 oz of silver found.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
So - you picked up 14 boxes from bank one then you dumped them back at bank one. Hmmm this will quickly accelerate your skunk problem. I try to always dump at a bank that isn't supplied by the same distributor that supplies my coins. This will help for a while and increase your odds of fresh coins.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maine_Jim said:
So - you picked up 14 boxes from bank one then you dumped them back at bank one. Hmmm this will quickly accelerate your skunk problem. I try to always dump at a bank that isn't supplied by the same distributor that supplies my coins. This will help for a while and increase your odds of fresh coins.

Maine_Jim

I tried that for a while and it didnt do $hit. I dumped EXCLUSIVELY into bank two to get into bank ones supply. Never panned out. Now I am going to redirect dumping into bank one. Bank two has always produced despite dumping into it, so the coin pool does not work that way here. I know of 6 other CRHers and I dont know where they dump...

Also, bank 1 and 2 are both supplied by Loomis. Bank one receives the cube shaped boxes and bank one receives the flat boxes. The plot thickens...

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

Who knows.. maybe you single handed drained your own area out. LOL
You live in a smaller area right?

Perhaps that is becoming the case. I figured the tell would be two or three weeks of mostly skunk boxes with one 40%, maybe two mixed in. Looks like bank one played out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread