Hooked on Dimes

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Keep track of how many boxes of halves, dimes, nickels that you are searching and what you have found. Then in a month or two you can make a rational choice about how many of what kind of boxes to buy.

For me, it my neck of the woods, Box of dimes beats boxes of halves.

The biggest danger in dimes, is the dump.
If you are hand re-rolling, that is a big time killer.
If you are dumping into a coin counter, be sure the machine is fairly accurate. Take a box or two of dimes without any other types of coin to the counter and put in through. You know how many dimes you started with minus any dimes you kept. See how it totals. Box of dime often have a few more or less than 2500 per box.

HH!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There once was a time they thought you crazy if you searched dimes. Nowadays, everyones's crazy.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
MIhunter said:
If you are dumping into a coin counter, be sure the machine is fairly accurate. Take a box or two of dimes without any other types of coin to the counter and put in through. You know how many dimes you started with minus any dimes you kept. See how it totals. Box of dime often have a few more or less than 2500 per box.
HH!!

In addition to the above, using a coin counter that doesn't count dimes as pennies is key. This happens whenever the machine falls out of calibration.

HH,
cuttybce

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
cuttybce said:
MIhunter said:
HH!!

In addition to the above, using a coin counter that doesn't count dimes as pennies is key. This happens whenever the machine falls out of calibration.

HH,
cuttybce

Amen! Every now and again I get dimes in Brinks penny rolls.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
I love to look for dimes was at the bank on friday picked up 185 in cwr rolls found a 43 and 45 and my nice teller let me look at a box of clear wrapped dimes she does this for me all the time just buy the rolls i want what a great deal. Happy hunting Ron

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love the brinks clear rolls - you can find silver just looking for it. in my area I average 2 dimes a box. only found 1 merc- but it was a good day. :) I fell in to rolling them to dump them one time...and my local bank was like we don't take rolled change, dump em in the sorting machine... duh. that was stupid right! anyhow- dimes are rough on the eyes at times if you have paper rolls...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread