CWR question?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Novapax said:
I keep hearing of people getting customer wrapped rolls. When I have been in banks and asked for rolls before I get new rolls from their boxes.

Do you just ask if anyone has brought in (coin type) today?

Just wondering. Need to expand my search. LOL

Novapax

I ask about halves in general, how much they have. That should cover it.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I see. I must be doing it right. LOL

I just see some on here getting full rolls of mercs and stuff. I traveled to a small town to the south of me to see if I could catch some halves or what not there. It was a wash.

Im going back to the bank Ive had the best run with. Im going to try to work out something with the one teller. She seems to have halves for me.

Thanks

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When asking for halves, I want all they have. CWRs, MWRs, or loose.

When I'm asking for anything else, I say that I prefer the rolls that customers have brought in. If they ask why - and they usually do - I tell them that sometimes the rolls from the "Fed" are all new 2011 coins (soon to be 2012), and that I have all of those that I need for my collection, and that I get a much better variety of dates from the customer rolls.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Novapax said:
I keep hearing of people getting customer wrapped rolls. When I have been in banks and asked for rolls before I get new rolls from their boxes.

Novapax

I bring in a wrapper with me as well.

Excuse me, Do you have any 50 cent pieces, loose or in rolls that you would be wanting to get rid of? Also, by chance, do you have any customer wrapped rolls of dimes as well you want to get rid of? I then hold up a wrapper to indicate what I am looking for.

I get less weird looks when I hold up the wrapper. Most tellers dont seem to understand what a customer wrapped roll is. Many banks around here roll their own coin from what the customers drop into the coin machines. In fact, 3 here do so and I have had some of my best luck with dimes using them. I plan on hitting them up tomorrow :D

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
Novapax said:

Novapax

Excuse me, Do you have any 50 cent pieces, loose or in rolls that you would be wanting to get rid of? Also, by chance, do you have any customer wrapped rolls of dimes as well you want to get rid of? I then hold up a wrapper to indicate what I am looking for.

I get less weird looks when I hold up the wrapper. Most tellers dont seem to understand what a customer wrapped roll is. Many banks around here roll their own coin from what the customers drop into the coin machines. In fact, 3 here do so and I have had some of my best luck with dimes using them. I plan on hitting them up tomorrow :D
It's odd the differences in bank procedures...In four years I've never come across a bank in my area that rolls up coins from a machine. I'm sure they may roll up a few loose halves or Ikes when they get enough. They normally ship out loose in bags.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Never really asked if they were customer rolls or the pressed rolls. I just ask for halves. I started doing dimes. So far so good. I will ask next time of anyone brought in any rolls of dimes or the other.

I hope customer coin is good. I just picked up a machine bag of dimes. We will see.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
fistfulladirt said:
The_EE said:
Novapax said:

Novapax

It's odd the differences in bank procedures...In four years I've never come across a bank in my area that rolls up coins from a machine. I'm sure they may roll up a few loose halves or Ikes when they get enough. They normally ship out loose in bags.

One bank here in town has 3 branches. They roll all their own coin from what customers and businesses deposit. They order nothing.

One US Bank I hit to use as a dump had just got their coin machine in. What I thought was going to be a quick in and out turned out to be almost an hour long wait because they were rolling everything.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Novapax said:
Never really asked if they were customer rolls or the pressed rolls. I just ask for halves. I started doing dimes. So far so good. I will ask next time of anyone brought in any rolls of dimes or the other.

I hope customer coin is good. I just picked up a machine bag of dimes. We will see.

If you are picking up a bag from a coin machine, I consider those customer wrapped rolls when I log my CRH'ing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions