Calling all Copper Hoarders/Penny lovers and AGBALEX

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been real low on funds so ive been working dimes, my brinks average is .5 per box >:( . So i buy from another supplier with paper rolls, out pop 3 Rosies and my first ever Merc!!! :headbang: Ive wanted one and it finally happened. Anyway, also spur of the moment I bought 9 dollars in pennies, I have never done CWR pennies. First one I open I see a wheat! I was hoping I had 18 solid rolls of wheats. I then looked at the other end and it was Canadian??? Ended up getting 18 solid rolls of old canadian coins (oldest 1940), mid way through I thought "Dang, Alex would love this lol" Also got Chipotle on sunday and my brother got a war nickel. He also found a silver rosie in my parents old change jar and gave it to me. So free silver! And im starting to sense my little brother is a silver magnet. Finally, looked in the newspaper and saw this add...How wrong is that!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will post pics soon...if this stupid image loader would work!

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a real nice haul man. I've got about 50 pounds of canadian copper cents right now. get there and that'd be really impressive. now about the solid wheats. I haven't hit that before but in a string roll i did get 15. that was neat for me. Nice work can't wait to see the pictures. get anything good in the wheaties?

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I as well would have loved that. So did you get all king George VI or did you get some young queens (1953-64) as well?

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGBlex said:
now about the solid wheats. Nice work can't wait to see the pictures. get anything good in the wheaties?

he did not get solid wheats he said he hoped to get soild wheats but got 18 solid rolls of canadian pennies instead.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
will post pics soon...if this stupid image loader would work!

You may need to resize the photo. If you have MS Office, you can use their Picture Manager to resize photos.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the ender

Attachments

• Wheat ender.jpg
    Wheat ender.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alex, nothing spectactular in regards to the wheats. I did get a new girlfriend, and introduced her to CRH. She found three wheats in 3 rolls. I'm trying to model her after your girl, nose for silver and old wheats ;D

sagittarius98 you win the awesome award for today! Thanks for the tip, ive been trying to get that since i started posting here!

Attachments

• Dimes.jpg
    Dimes.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 433
  • Canadian Copper.jpg
    Canadian Copper.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 430
  • King george.jpg
    King george.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 480
  • Mercury.jpg
    Mercury.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 484
OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the ad

Attachments

• Shame.jpg
    Shame.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 524

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 6 years ago I asked for a box of pennies but they didn't have any. she gave me $25 from customers. well 16 rolls were all wheat !! thats how I hooked my 4 year old ( now 10 ). dumb luck. closest I got since was 20 cents in change from a ice cream shop !

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scores on the silver. I added to my copper hoard last weekend. I bought 99 pounds of wheat cents for $100 at an estate sale, pulled 7 silver Rosies out of it, along with 2 Buffalos, a war nickel, and 12 Indians, not to mention a couple bucks in clad and several foreign coins.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Nice scores on the silver. I added to my copper hoard last weekend. I bought 99 pounds of wheat cents for $100 at an estate sale, pulled 7 silver Rosies out of it, along with 2 Buffalos, a war nickel, and 12 Indians, not to mention a couple bucks in clad and several foreign coins.

What!!! thats amazing!! I need to hit up some estate sales lol. And yea the coins were all in nice shape. I got a few common date wheats in good shape. Thanks for looking, I was super happy about the merc.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
sagittarius98 you win the awesome award for today! Thanks for the tip, ive been trying to get that since i started posting here!

Is my reward for my help the silver dimes? :laughing9:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TCOZY13 said:
diggummup said:

What!!! thats amazing!! I need to hit up some estate sales lol. And yea the coins were all in nice shape. I got a few common date wheats in good shape. Thanks for looking, I was super happy about the merc.
It was a first for me at that large of an amount, mostly I only find a coin or three and then it's usually too high to buy, but every now and then... score! It's gonna take me years to search all of them. I haven't even counted them yet.
As for the ad, that is ridiculous, offering 30 cents on the dollar. I'd be standing outside their business (if the actually have one) intercepting prospective sellers and offering to pay 15 times face amount! LOL.
When it comes to CWR's I find that they are usually more productive than most boxes, especially when it comes to halves lately, in my area anyway.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
TCOZY13 said:
I'd be standing outside their business (if the actually have one) intercepting prospective sellers and offering to pay 15 times face amount! LOL.

Didnt think about this, but you might be on to something. Its one of those traveling shows so theyd probably have some pretty good customer flow. If I offered even 10x and flipped it to my shop for 15x I'd be doing well. Hmmmmmmmm

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TCOZY13 said:
diggummup said:
TCOZY13 said:
I'd be standing outside their business (if the actually have one) intercepting prospective sellers and offering to pay 15 times face amount! LOL.

Didnt think about this, but you might be on to something. Its one of those traveling shows so theyd probably have some pretty good customer flow. If I offered even 10x and flipped it to my shop for 15x I'd be doing well. Hmmmmmmmm
I'll take all the .900 silver coins you got for 15x's face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread