---------->MARKS... ADD YOUR OWN!!! <---------- _*~*_PICTURES_*~*_

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody...

**The marking of coins is a very touching and debating topic to many of you on here... please DO NOT start any arguments or debates-- or any other problems, about this thread...**

There are so many marked coins out there, some with a population of 1, very unique markings, and some where THOUSANDS, possibly even TENS OF THOUDANDS of a single mark is out there.

I am trying to start a thread...
Please post:

YOUR MARKINGS
rough estimate on how many are out in the wild
etc.

UNIQUE MARKINGS

or

ANY COIN MARKINGS YOU FREQUENTLY GET IN BOXES.

Here are some markings I got recantly out of a skunk box of halves...

ADD YOUR OWN!
Note: I do not mark half dollars.

BuffaloBoy :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The marks on the 1995-D and that red line i see alot, i get several of them per box my mark is a large black sharpie dot right in the center of J.F.K's head.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually see a vertical red, black, green or blue line to right of kennedy's head.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he is stating that he does not mark coins

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never marked coins. But after some of you guys asked me to. Why not so i sprayed a few boxes with orange spray paint. And put some in 4 of my dumps. :icon_scratch: will see?

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
I never marked coins. But after some of you guys asked me to. Why not so i sprayed a few boxes with orange spray paint. And put some in 4 of my dumps. :icon_scratch: will see?
would you by chance be able to provide a picture of what these spray painted coins look like? I've never heard of somebody "spray painting" coins, but that's a new one ;D i'm sure you can't miss one like you described :headbang:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont see alot of marked halves in my area. The occasional line but the one i do see the most marks only bi-centenials with a black V on the backside.

Myself i dont mark coins.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buster1248 said:
bufboy got to much time on his hands.....never liked him....
...you know this is not private thought. I could say you sent me some nasty PM's a while back threatening me, why you don't like me, I don't know. :dontknow:

:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with lots of reportings of marked coins lately, I guess i'll bump this thread again!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea, because I see even pennies being marked lately. All of them are US pennies, so that leads to conclusion that someone in NY or MI is running a hardcore ryedale campaign :laughing7:.
Keep up the post Buff and ignore trolls. After all it is going to be: trololololo trololololo!

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
I have marked the E in Liberty with various colors. There are thousands out there. Been doing it in volume for over a year and a half. If you are in the 9th Fed. District(Minneapolis), you have probably seen them. I have just started marking the T in liberty over the past month. LMK if you see these. Good luck and HH.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread