Machine wrapped cents 100% zincolns???

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've noticed recently that ALL the plastic MWR's of pennies are zincolns. Not mostly, ALL. NO coppers at all in MWR's, but only the plastic rolls - string rolls still producing about 28% Cu. Can't decide whether one particular coin hauling service is separating Cu, or if someone around town is dumping massive amounts of zincolns; even so, I'd expect to see some copper, at least 1 or 2 per roll.

Anybody else seeing anything similar?

Upvote 0
F

Farchaus2k

This topic gets brought up roughly every 9 days.

The clear rolls are Brinks. You are getting someone's Zinc dumps into the Brinks system. Basically you are downstream from a major copper hoarder. I'd steer clear of Brinks rolls in your area.

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Farchaus2k said:
I'd steer clear of Brinks rolls in your area.

Safe to say.

I still find it difficult to believe that 100% of the MWR's are zincs. You'd think the law of averages would put a few in at least...

F

Farchaus2k

You'd think that, but, think about it this way. There is a major copper hoarder in your area dumping into Brinks. Let's say he fills up 3 bags with nothing but Zincs. When those get shipped out and re-rolled by the machine, you've got the perfect recipe for a pure Zinc box. I've gotten a few like that. They suck, but you just re-dump them and crack open the next one.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I am no buying Farchaus2k explanation, it is too simple, too rational, too easy.

There IS a conspiracy, a conspiracy of silence!

Brinks is in league with the Free Masons, the Knights Templar and your local cable company.

The take out the copper and put floride in our drinking water, thus containating our precious bodily fluids.

Rise up, and take to the streets!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Or you could try CWR for awhile.

F

Farchaus2k

WOW!!

+1

Funniest thing I've read on here in a long time!!!!

blink

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farchaus2k said:
You'd think that, but, think about it this way. There is a major copper hoarder in your area dumping into Brinks. Let's say he fills up 3 bags with nothing but Zincs. When those get shipped out and re-rolled by the machine, you've got the perfect recipe for a pure Zinc box. I've gotten a few like that. They suck, but you just re-dump them and crack open the next one.

I disagree with this post. I'm 99% positive that brinks is culling copper coins. This is solely based on my exp and what I've observed as part of this hobby.

I could be wrong but I'd bet dollars to dognuts that I'm right.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
b said:
Farchaus2k said:

I disagree with this post. I'm 99% positive that brinks is culling copper coins. This is solely based on my exp and what I've observed as part of this hobby.

I recently read about Brinks culling copper for a major copper investor in the southeast. Areas where people were reporting similar CU shortages were in Florida and North Carolina.

Andrew123

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that sounds bad. Hopefully better luck next time! Anyways, I have been getting only clear wrapped rolls (Brinks) and they always average me at least 400-500 coppers and about 10-15 wheats per box. Been like that for about 15 boxes already, so most likely you got a guy with like 10 Ryedales searching like heck and you just got a dump of zinc. My suggestion would be to go to a different bank with a different provider temporarily if you like Brinks. If you despise Brinks, then I guess it is time ;D .

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
MIhunter said:

There IS a conspiracy, a conspiracy of silence!

Brinks is in league with the Free Masons, the Knights Templar and your local cable company.

The take out the copper and put floride in our drinking water, thus containating our precious bodily fluids.

Rise up, and take to the streets!

Obediah, is that you?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andrew123 said:
Man, that sounds bad. Hopefully better luck next time! Anyways, I have been getting only clear wrapped rolls (Brinks) and they always average me at least 400-500 coppers and about 10-15 wheats per box. Been like that for about 15 boxes already, so most likely you got a guy with like 10 Ryedales searching like heck and you just got a dump of zinc. My suggestion would be to go to a different bank with a different provider temporarily if you like Brinks. If you despise Brinks, then I guess it is time ;D .

Hmm i need to up my penny box orders lol heading to the banks now...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Midwest region is still getting 27-30% coppers, no change for the past 14-months.

Keep trying.

F

Farchaus2k

b said:

I pick up from Brinks and I still get 15% to 20% copper per box.

AGCoinHunter said:
I recently read about Brinks culling copper for a major copper investor in the southeast. Areas where people were reporting similar CU shortages were in Florida and North Carolina.

Where did you read this??
Please post a link.
I live in the Southeast and have no problem getting copper from Brink's boxes.

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UGHHHH lol right after getting my first box and heading to the next bank to get another penny box my truck blows out a tire :( i think it was a sign :angry5:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farchaus2k said:
b said:

I pick up from Brinks and I still get 15% to 20% copper per box.

AGCoinHunter said:

Where did you read this??
Please post a link.
I live in the Southeast and have no problem getting copper from Brink's boxes.

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9826

Several posters to that thread have good knowledge to what is going on. Highroller (Adam) is the owner of Portland Mint, who was featured on the ABC penny hoarder peice back a few months.

If this is the case, what people are seeing is what Brinks has sorted and is now putting back into circulation. I have not personally seen it yet.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks does not own the coin, the banks that dump into their repository do. If they cull that much copper they have to replace it
or the books do not balance. Do you honestly think that brinks is buying hundreds of thousands of boxes of zincolns to replace
the copper they take out. I hardly think so..... :BangHead:

F

Farchaus2k

FreedomUIC said:
Brinks does not own the coin, the banks that dump into their repository do. If they cull that much copper they have to replace it
or the books do not balance. Do you honestly think that brinks is buying hundreds of thousands of boxes of zincolns to replace
the copper they take out. I hardly think so..... :BangHead:

{sarcasm below}

But I read it on the Internet. Some guy knows a guy who talked to a guy who says that Brink's is pulling coppers out for a mystery client. Well, with hard facts like that I'm convinced.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Farchaus2k said:
{sarcasm below}

But I read it on the Internet. Some guy knows a guy who talked to a guy who says that Brink's is pulling coppers out for a mystery client. Well, with hard facts like that I'm convinced.

{a bit more sarcasm follows}
Somebody on the internet says that Brinks doesn't cull copper . . . I'm convinced.

{all sarcasm aside}
I find it a bit funny that anyone here can claim to know what "Brinks" does because they have a tiny bit of actual knowledge about a local Brinks' relationship with one or more banks. There are thousands of Brinks locations offering many services. Cash Vault (Brinks doesn't own the coin) is only one of those services. Any one Brinks location could have a contract with an LLC or individual and no one here would know anything about it - just like they wouldn't know of Brinks' contracts with a regional bank or with Coinstar or whoever.

It is a given that Brinks has the ability and infrastructure to separate Cu from Zn cents. Brinks has the infrastructure to source new and circulated coin. Brinks has the infrastructure to bill their clients for "custom" services. If Brinks was hoarding coin, it would show up in their public documents (annual report). It doesn't make sense that Brinks would hoard. I does make sense that if someone approached Brinks requesting a custom coin sorting service, that Brinks would oblige - for a fee.

Bottom line is that nobody knows if Brinks does it or doesn't do it. There has been no credible proof for either position. Anybody who is certain of the answer is fooling themselves.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The Brinks culls coppers threads get real old after a while. There's been many of them. Just because someone on realcent.org claims it doesn't mean it's true. Where's the company document stating such? Anyone can start a rumor.

I'm not concerned if I find a Brinks box full of zincolns. As I explained before on other threads of the same nature. There's an easy way to get around it. Simple. You just weigh the rolls and if they are all in the zincoln weigh range, then you have a zincoln box. You don't have to open the rolls. It wouldn't be worth it. I got a zincoln box before from Brinks and exchanged it for another regular mixed box from Brinks. No big deal. Brinks is not hoarding them around here. Occasionally, I might get someone's dumps but no big deal.

The part that people forget and think that coppers are going to vanish is that there is still a melt ban. There's still a ton of them out there. It's virtually impossible for these larger hoarders to hoard them all. There will always be more. The reason why you don't find a much Ag as you would expect or like to see in boxes is because a lot of them were melted in the early 80's when Ag prices spiked. That hasn't happened with copper yet so you guys can keep on hoarding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread