All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow 46 skunks!!

Maybe dimes or nickles would be better for a while. Keep at it HH

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of the country are you in? Those sound like CA,AZ,NV or ID type results.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
OL, as you know, NYC is the abode of some pretty big fish CRH'ers (even if they haven't been heard from in some time).

You are obviously in the Dump-path of some of these guys.

I think the answer is to try new banks or new areas within your area.

So change the game.

Just get in front of them and say, "EAT MY DUMPS !!"

Keep on Rollin' !

cunextuesday

Nov 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in NYC too, & the boxes I've gotten have been dismal. I've been just hitting teller trays when I find the time & pick up a box or two here & there.

Thats tough man!

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYC has been nothing but crap lately.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Dunno, do you guys think they've been drained? Guys like CNC and db drained it? Is it possible?

I wonder how many people are doing high volume over there. I figure at some point, there will be a drop off.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had some pretty lousy boxes myself lately but not nearly that bad. In my last 9 boxes in the past week I've found the exact same amount of silver - 4 40% & 1 90% BF (as well as 3 clad commems). 5 keepers out of 9,000 is bad enough but 5 keepers out of 52,000 would be hard for me to take (or rationalize).

Hope the hunting gets better - for both of us. :)

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I do like Onelife's avatar pic. Hope that's really from his collection. It reminded me of DB's old avatar with all those stacks of Ag.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I have tried to reach out to CnC to see if he is still doing well out there, NO luck on contacting him...

I do not think they managed to drain it. I do think it is more likely that CnC and DB have talked and dump on the same banks... I am not saying 2 men can mess up a supply, but I would hate to be the one to find out.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
With that kind of volume he is probably reaching the bottom of the barrell, at least for a while. It may be worth while to go to another denomination of coin and in about 6 months or so see if things have turned around.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
onelife

onelife

Jul 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am going to try a different area.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think after this next order I'll be back to hitting the dirt with my detector...my last two boxes local produced zero keepers. not even a 40% in the mix. depressing... maybe the bigger fish have finally cleaned the pond out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread