Finally found my dream roll

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
superficially, the roll looked no different than any other of the rolls in my dime box.

But after opening and searching it out, I was rewarded with 23 silver dimes.

3 x 1968
3 x 1967
1 x 1966
2 x 1965
2 x 1964
1 x 1963
3 x 1962
4 x 1960
1 x 1956
1 x 1952
1 x 1951
1 x 1930

Not as spectacular as some... But for me, it shows that 'it is still out there'... and inspires even more fervent searching... and even us Canucks can still find silver

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Congrats!!!!

I've found a few silver Canadians here in the States. Just last week, my wife pulled a '68 that looked and felt silver...I was just certain that we had a silver 68. Too bad it stuck to a magnet!!!

OP
OP
bartholomewroberts

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Congrats!!!!

I've found a few silver Canadians here in the States. Just last week, my wife pulled a '68 that looked and felt silver...I was just certain that we had a silver 68. Too bad it stuck to a magnet!!!

Thank you.. those 68s can be deceptive.. I just do the drop test... always works.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That is amazing. Good for you. How does your 1930 look like? I once found a George V myself but it is unbelievably smooth. On mine you can only see half of the outline of George and a small bit of the inscription is still showing, on the other side the only detail that can be made out is the shadow of some of the leaves. I can't make out any kind of a date on it. I really want to find a George V with details and a readable date. You had a good score, hopefully there are more to come for you.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Nice finds. Old digger.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
In the past two years, I have only found two '68 Canadian dimes that were 50% silver (didn't stick to the magnet). Rare birds indeed.

HH,
cuttybce

OP
OP
bartholomewroberts

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
That is amazing. Good for you. How does your 1930 look like? I once found a George V myself but it is unbelievably smooth. On mine you can only see half of the outline of George and a small bit of the inscription is still showing, on the other side the only detail that can be made out is the shadow of some of the leaves. I can make out any kind of a date on it. I really want to find a George V with details and a readable date. You had a good score, hopefully there are more to come for you.

The 1930 is in pretty good condition considering its' age. The date, head and leaves are all very clean and clear...But it would rate at about a very good to fine condition... the crown band is complete and the leaves have some venation in them.

Getting a roll like that does fire you up

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, you've got a King George V dime! I haven't yet found one. All were either young queens or King George VI silver dimes. What was the rest of that roll looked like?

OP
OP
bartholomewroberts

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canadian hunter said:
Awesome, you've got a King George V dime! I haven't yet found one. All were either young queens or King George VI silver dimes. What was the rest of that roll looked like?

When I first opened the one end, I saw a silver dime.... my very first ender. When i dumped them out, I saw the silver and the regular all intermixed... Made my heart go up a few beats... I have hoped, but never expected, any find like this. I wish that i could get back to that bank soon. Unfortunately, where i live, the nearest bank is 80 miles away in Vernon. So I will check in again.. when i have to go over. But that will not be until next Wednesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread