Question

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas
Got second box of dimes today. First box yielded 2 -62's, today I found 1 -61. I set the rolls aside because frankly my eyes even with reading glasses were playing tricks on me. i rechecked them tonight and found no reason to crack the rolls for closer inspection. My question is, do you guys crack every roll and re roll them? i know by just edge checking i run the risk of missing a few. But dimes are so dang small. I plan on doing halves too, but just wondered what you all do. thanks

Upvote 0

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will crack all the plastic one's open. The tellers don't like to get there own rolled coins back. So either re-roll them or use a coin Machine. But you should be able to tell right away if there is any keepers. But always Dble check..

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Nathatniel Spogsworthy said:
Got second box of dimes today. First box yielded 2 -62's, today I found 1 -61. I set the rolls aside because frankly my eyes even with reading glasses were playing tricks on me. i rechecked them tonight and found no reason to crack the rolls for closer inspection. My question is, do you guys crack every roll and re roll them? i know by just edge checking i run the risk of missing a few. But dimes are so dang small. I plan on doing halves too, but just wondered what you all do. thanks

I crack open ever brinks wrapped dime. Do not let others tell you that you should be able to see them all. I have looked over rolls, seen nothing and then found dimes with dirty rims that didnt show as anything special under the cloudy plastic. Its the sensible thing to do, I average approx 1 dime a box this month so not looking is cheating me out of 1/14th an ounce of silver.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I crack 'em all open, but usually don't search them when opening unless I spot something I want to double check.

Then again, I rarely buy Brinks boxes as around here those produce the fewest by far of any method I have tried.

I think I find about 1/5 as many in Brinks boxes as with any other method as a find rate per volume searched. I find about 1.5 silver dimes/$250 normally, but with Brinks its about 0.3/$250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions