WOW!!!!

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
Went in to my local dump bank and the teller thats always nice said a guy that did'nt have an account at the bank said he wanted to turn in $50,000 in half dollars...yes $50,000.That dude is doing some serious hunting but,he IS going to ruin our hobby.This scum bag wants to dump all that at one bank.I can't believe some one would try this.What bank would take in that much?

Upvote 0

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how he would get it all there...dump truck??

silversearcher9040

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kalebdad said:
Maybe it is a old hoard of Silver ;) You should be there that day just in case.
Yeah maybe you should have asked for his info, go buy a couple of boxes from him, and see what he's got :-)

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm willing to bet he's someone with the cash to spare for the time it takes to search and dump, but bought without either having a plan in place for dumping, or else got kicked out of his regular dump location for abusing them.

Rascal

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Or he is someone that wants to do $50,000 in a year and is just not using words to complete his sentence...or you heard half of what he was saying...

Not all of us are accurate communicators. I’ve found that most of us not on this forum somehow think and communicate with incomplete and incoherent thoughts.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This definately raises a red flag... the government watches and questions large coin deposits and withdraws($10,000+) if I am right, correct me if I am wrong.

I can understand maybe $3,000 on one bank, but $50,000? That is too much. :dontknow:

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
This definately raises a red flag... the government watches and questions large coin deposits and withdraws($10,000+) if I am right, correct me if I am wrong.

I can understand maybe $3,000 on one bank, but $50,000? That is too much. :dontknow:

Don't make deposits.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Really? I cant figure out if it is just jealousy, or boredom, perhaps people who are concerned about this type of thing just arent doing enough volume and so they are trying to find reasons as to why there silver finds are not worth the time/energy involved in the hunt... I dont know, but it sure is annoying to read everday all the posts crying and whining about what everyone else is doing and how its going to ruin this hobby...

Obviously, if this story is even half true... Then the CRH'er would obviously need to work something out with the bank before any dump like that took place-and whether it is 1K, 10K or even 100K worth of halves or anywhere in between as long as the bank agrees to make it possible, then obviously they are ok with it.... This hobby has been around for longer then anyone on this site has (I assume anyways)... You think things like this havent happened before? You think out of all the things that really could END, or RUIN this hobby, that dumping $50K worth of halves at one time is one of them... not a chance, no way... Furthermore, if the story really is true, (and Im sure someone somewhere has done this type of thing) I do find it hard to believe that a bank where you arent even a member at is going to take $50K worth of any coin, from anybody.. If it is true, then good for this person, they have $50,000.00+ To work with, and they have the competence enough to work something out where they can dump it all at once, at a bank that they arent a member of (obviously meaning it wasnt their pick up bank) then good for them. I would do it in a second if I had the desire to do that amount, and could float $50K like that... If its true, you should just be glad that the teller informed you, because you obviously dont want to spend the next year+ going through $50K worth of dumps. In fact, now that I think about it, I would be excited to hear this news, I would camp out at that bank, or make sure ALL of the tellers knew to call me when this goes down, I would find out where that guy is picking up from, and order every dime I had worth of halves from the same bank. If the magical, so called "old boxes/bags of halves sitting on a dusty shelf" somewhere is true, this guy might actually give you a chance at finding them- "If" they actually exist...

Worry about what matters... Volume. Everything else is static, the more volume you do, the more silver you will get.... period. Lately I come to this site, and read all the posts of people bitchin and crying, and whining about what some other CRH'er is or isnt doing, and I wonder to myself, "If these people are so miserable participating in this hobby, why do they keep doing it"? I dont get it.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
Lately I come to this site, and read all the posts of people bitchin and crying, and whining about what some other CRH'er is or isnt doing, and I wonder to myself, "If these people are so miserable participating in this hobby, why do they keep doing it"? I dont get it.

And that's why I never come here anymore. I just do my 20 boxes a week, and to myself.

HH,
Cody.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
BuffaloBoy said:

Deposit or cash transaction, it doesn't matter. A SAR is mandatory at 10k. Some banks have lower thresholds. BoA sets the limit at $8500.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
Worry about what matters... Volume. Everything else is static, the more volume you do, the more silver you will get.... period. Lately I come to this site, and read all the posts of people bitchin and crying, and whining about what some other CRH'er is or isnt doing, and I wonder to myself, "If these people are so miserable participating in this hobby, why do they keep doing it"? I dont get it.

+1000

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
Really? I cant figure out if it is just jealousy, or boredom, perhaps people who are concerned about this type of thing just arent doing enough volume and so they are trying to find reasons as to why there silver finds are not worth the time/energy involved in the hunt... I dont know, but it sure is annoying to read everday all the posts crying and whining about what everyone else is doing and how its going to ruin this hobby...

Obviously, if this story is even half true... Then the CRH'er would obviously need to work something out with the bank before any dump like that took place-and whether it is 1K, 10K or even 100K worth of halves or anywhere in between as long as the bank agrees to make it possible, then obviously they are ok with it.... This hobby has been around for longer then anyone on this site has (I assume anyways)... You think things like this havent happened before? You think out of all the things that really could END, or RUIN this hobby, that dumping $50K worth of halves at one time is one of them... not a chance, no way... Furthermore, if the story really is true, (and Im sure someone somewhere has done this type of thing) I do find it hard to believe that a bank where you arent even a member at is going to take $50K worth of any coin, from anybody.. If it is true, then good for this person, they have $50,000.00+ To work with, and they have the competence enough to work something out where they can dump it all at once, at a bank that they arent a member of (obviously meaning it wasnt their pick up bank) then good for them. I would do it in a second if I had the desire to do that amount, and could float $50K like that... If its true, you should just be glad that the teller informed you, because you obviously dont want to spend the next year+ going through $50K worth of dumps. In fact, now that I think about it, I would be excited to hear this news, I would camp out at that bank, or make sure ALL of the tellers knew to call me when this goes down, I would find out where that guy is picking up from, and order every dime I had worth of halves from the same bank. If the magical, so called "old boxes/bags of halves sitting on a dusty shelf" somewhere is true, this guy might actually give you a chance at finding them- "If" they actually exist...

Very good points. I have only been CRHing and participating in this forum for like 11 months, not that long - in any case, I have seen a change. A change in posts, a change in ways, views, etc. A lot of people still post about their finds and that is great, but there are a lot of people here that are trying to micro-manage (you know who you are). To save the CRH business? Na I don't think so. The less I do, the more you can do - that is the way I look at it. The more stress I put on a bank, that means the more stress you put on the same bank. Don't talk me out of it, I am going to do what is comfortable for me and the banks I have chosen to work with and build a relationship with. Maybe what's normal for me isn't normal for you? I set high standards (when times are good, put the pedal to the metal, when times are bad, lay low [as I have done the last 3 months] talk to managers, build rapport, and do what is manageable for me and my banks), because I like to maximize my profits.

Too much complaining, too much whining. It's not science.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver Down -

I have a different understanding based on a seminar I went to. A CTR (currency transaction report) is, as you said, mandatory on the depository institution with a deposit of 10 grand or more. An SAR (suspicious activity report) doesn't have a dollar threshhold, and can be filed by the bank when they sense something suspicious about your activity. As far as I know, they do not report on cash withdrawn, only cash or other "cash like" instruments like travelers checks, money orders, etc. The last time I took out a large sum of cash (over 5,000) the bank made me sign off on my being aware of con men, etc.

OP
OP
tmjones550

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
You know I would respond with a long drawn out puote like you have but I wont try to compete with what you jad to say with other than this,this reply that you put down thats full of anger and cuss words Is the reason why people are leaving this forum.HH
TheRockDoc said:

TheRockDoc said:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have little man syndrome,

We have wee wee envy

and now bankroll / volume envy.

Do what you can do within your means and be happy about it.

Let the banks deal with greedy individuals.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:
He probably got a nice phone call from the Feds.

So what?

If they called me I would tell them that I buy half dollars from X Bank, sort through them for collectible coins, and then deposit the leftovers at Y Bank. I do $3000 per week, but if I did $30000 per week it would not matter. They can call both banks to check up on it. This is not an example of a reason to be worried about the Feds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread