Garda pulling silver

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the gun business we call this sort of thing "FUD." Fear, Uncertainty, and Deceit. They do it to keep you from buying coin, IMO. In my area, one of the banks told me the "cash vault" is now limiting their halves orders to $2K/week (total ------). Two other branches of the same bank happily churn out 10 boxes/week or more. You have to be able to sift through the -- in this endeavor, and there is a lot of it.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not their money to pull silver from...they just process.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
In my area, one of the banks told me the "cash vault" is now limiting their halves orders to $2K/week (total bull$hit). Two other branches of the same bank happily churn out 10 boxes/week or more. You have to be able to sift through the BS in this endeavor, and there is a lot of it.

Someone recently posted that my bank now has a company-wide policy that they will not sell boxes of halves. I still get my boxes.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
quiksilver said:
A bank i get 2 boxes every month or so [and they like me] swears garda told them they pull silver. I listen to this debate regularly and dont know the answer but 1 box was a skunk and the other had 3 40%ers
Didn't you answer your own question?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be real nice to here from someone who actually works at Garda, Brinks, or Loomis, ( that is involved in the coin rolling process ) to tell us if they DO or DON' T sort out the silver.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer- I will make it my mission to talk to one of them- I see the trucks out all the time, maybe the delivery guys know?
N8

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
Dozer- I will make it my mission to talk to one of them- I see the trucks out all the time, maybe the delivery guys know?
N8

I heard that someone came closer to a delivery person to ask about a similar question, and the delivery guy ponted a gun at him. :o

F

Farchaus2k

UPDATE

This morning I called up Brink's, Garda, Loomis, and Dunbar. Here is what they told me:

BRINK'S
They only take the copper pennies out. Nothing else.

GARDA
They pull all silver halves they find. Sometimes as a gift to loyal customers they leave (3) 40% halves in a box.

LOOMIS
They pull all War Nickels and Buffalo Nickels. Nothing else.

DUNBAR
They pull all silver dimes. Nothing else.

I hope this helps. Please print this out and save it as a guide when you place your orders.

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
LOL :D
True, BUT----I think you reversed Brinks and Loomis. Also, Loomis cleans the silver one's up before they get sent out, so they shine better. It's a customer service thing.... :laughing7:

SC

Farchaus2k said:
UPDATE

This morning I called up Brink's, Garda, Loomis, and Dunbar. Here is what they told me:

BRINK'S
They only take the copper pennies out. Nothing else.

GARDA
They pull all silver halves they find. Sometimes as a gift to loyal customers they leave (3) 40% halves in a box.

LOOMIS
They pull all War Nickels and Buffalo Nickels. Nothing else.

DUNBAR
They pull all silver dimes. Nothing else.

I hope this helps. Please print this out and save it as a guide when you place your orders.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I will risk getting shot to talk to a delivery driver just to stop these questions- or at least have an answer from a reliable source-
N8

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Brinks takes out the copper pennies, they do a horrible job by me. Brinks is the only boxes I can get around here and I average 25%-30% copper. I have heard the rumor they do it locally in some areas, but not nationally. But until verified, I will keep it as a rumor.

One of the tellers at a bank I get 3 boxes of pennies from every week asked me what I look for in penny boxes. She said the Brinks driver questioned why she orders so many pennies, after telling him she has a customer who searches pennies, he stated that "I wouldn't find anything in them, Brinks sorts all the good stuff out of them".

I'm still trying to figure out what good stuff they sort out, I have excellent copper percentages, do well with wheats, and had 2 indian heads during the Super Bowl week earlier this month. Those are all the things I would classify in pennies as the good stuff.

F

Farchaus2k

n8dagr8345 said:
I will risk getting shot to talk to a delivery driver just to stop these questions- or at least have an answer from a reliable source-
N8

That still won't stop it. Next, someone will say silver and copper only get pulled in certain regions, and so on and so forth. It will never stop. Best thing to do just re-port the update I posted earlier or make you own. Have some fun with it. ;D

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Farchaus2k said:
n8dagr8345 said:
N8

That still won't stop it. Next, someone will say silver and copper only get pulled in certain regions, and so on and so forth. It will never stop. Best thing to do just re-port the update I posted earlier or make you own. Have some fun with it. ;D
Maybe if I get shot? Maybe if I become a martyr and die for the cause it will end?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread