A reason to like marked coins

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I know many are dead set against marking coins but since i am a "bank runner" it helps me identify possible dumps since not all dumps are easy to spot. I know the rule of take them all but since I will go back to many banks it helps me to determine future chances of silver so i can adjust my runs accordingly. Banks with regular halves have a better chance of future silver then banks with "never have" halves or banks with dumps. I know silver can be found at any bank but at this point i have noticed patterns in finding silver.

Upvote 0

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have all been sorted many times, except for the ones that Grandpa kept in his sock drawer. When an heir cashes those in at the bank you may find some in your rolls.

As for the patterns you have observed, correlation does not imply causation.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I just love marked coins.

I especially love the ones where someone has lovingly marked each and every one with some very important message, like "LOMBARDO".

I wish that everyone that marks coin would take more time and care in the final product.
Every coin should bear the icon of the marker, like a heart, a face, or their social security number.

Both sides should be marked, along with some treatment of the edge.
And don't forget initials !

I would love to help everyone to produce more of these works of art, but I am too busy

doing mega amounts of multiple boxes.

Still, I wish that all the new CRH'ers would take classes on how to make their marking more meticulous, and truly worthy of the effort.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread