OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot to mention... every single coin wrapper and piece of the half dollar box was from 1 pickup at 1 bank.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what you are dealing with. There is a company that gathers, verifies and rolls coins from certain machines. That company is called NF Strings. They also sell rolling supplies to the banking industry. Rolling supplies include but are not limited to wrappers and boxes. The banking industry could be a bank, credit union, or a armored carrier. So to be able to identify a company by the wrapper is nearly impossible. Your best way to get this info is to try asking the teller, or you know what day the coins come in so wait in the parking lot across the street and watch.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
47thelement said:
Here is what you are dealing with. There is a company that gathers, verifies and rolls coins from certain machines. That company is called NF Strings. They also sell rolling supplies to the banking industry. Rolling supplies include but are not limited to wrappers and boxes. The banking industry could be a bank, credit union, or a armored carrier. So to be able to identify a company by the wrapper is nearly impossible. Your best way to get this info is to try asking the teller, or you know what day the coins come in so wait in the parking lot across the street and watch.
I asked the teller, and the teller told me, "these are fresh from the federal reserve", which we all know isn't true. Thanks for the help everybody!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every one says some thing diff... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank uses Dunbar the boxes are the same but i get yellow wraps..

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here, those boxes are used by Loomis. Garda uses the same style box, but lighter gauge cardboard(more flimsy) and the yellow ink is a bit darker. Brinks uses the double-stacked boxes. I don't know about Dunbar-yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread