Upvote 0

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting...I'd love to try it. But, you would prob have a hard time selling it. It isn't stamped or anything. for all they know, there's a lead ball in the middle. Your best bet is just selling that junk silver to your LCS.

HH,
Cody.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
If and when you want to sell any silver the buyer will want to know weight and purity of what you are selling. You will have to pay to have the silver assayed to prove its purity.

The whole point to silver US and Canadian coins is that their weight and purity is univerisally known.

Unless there is a werewolf in the area and you need to make silver bullets to protect your family from being attacked on evenings with full moons.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Rascal said:
refine the silver out of all those nasty Australian sixpence coins you keep finding

Rascal

I don't think many people find them even in CuNi form.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
MIhunter said:
Unless there is a werewolf in the area and you need to make silver bullets to protect your family from being attacked on evenings with full moons.

Better check with Dok Holliday about that...

Dok Holliday said:
I search through the coins to save the silver to make bullets to kill zombies when the Great Zombie Apocalypse comes.

:thumbsup:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This process does not reclaim 100% of the silver in the original item, more like 60% or so.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
FormerTeller said:
MIhunter said:

Dok Holliday said:
I search through the coins to save the silver to make bullets to kill zombies when the Great Zombie Apocalypse comes.

You need at least .800 to kill the zombies. .500 silver will only make them angry.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dok Holliday said:
FormerTeller said:
MIhunter said:

Dok Holliday said:

You need at least .800 to kill the zombies. .500 silver will only make them angry.

No need to melt your coins for bullets. Just reload your shotgun shells with your silver dimes! :icon_thumleft:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the cost of the chemicals, tools, time, and risk involved, this process is hardly worthwhile for silver. Gold, maybe. But silver? Probably not.

Still, it is interesting information.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Dok Holliday said:
FormerTeller said:
MIhunter said:

Dok Holliday said:

You can use the older .925 coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread