Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bartholomewroberts said:
Dok Holliday said:
cdickrun64 said:
Only once.....Citizens Bank

I like that Sailboat Avatar you've got there!

One of Canada prettiest coins.. The Bluenose is almost legendary up here
My bank does not check rolls for foreigns- yet I do not get CWR. Typically(but i shouldn;t jynx myself), I go several(5-10+) boxes without a single coin, then oddly enough, I will get a box with 5+ foreigns in it. (dime boxes).

I also like the Canadian Toonie, something about the bi-metallic, large coin with polar bear in the middle. I think that is one of Canada's prettiest circulation coins, though I do like their quarters that have something other than the caribou on it. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I get close to one thousand foreign coins a year. Odd that the bank can sell me processed coins with foreigns, but refuse to accept them (foreigns) back.

simaronde03

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bank my buddy and I dump at hasa magnet on the coin counter. We always run our hand up under it tosee what we can find. Last week I found some Euros, Phenigs(sp?), canadian coins and a battery.

mebegene

Greenie
Nov 7, 2009
I'm in NVa...and TD Banks are best when it comes to dumping! Because there are many MANY other persons doing precisely the same thing I'm doing, these machines are in constant use. There are also an extremely heavy number of immigrants and foreign students/diplomats in my area and usually some foreign coins (and STEEL cents) in the removable magnet located in the 'cage' device used to filter the coins streaming from above into the counter's hopper. This cage is inserted into a hole cut for it in the big wooden case covering the counting machine. I 'turn on the charm' and ask to take a look and the teller will allow me to remove the magnet from the cage - and usually I'm granted not only a look but rights to the whole shooting match! I've collected coins from roughly 40 to 60 countries this way these past 4 years and as long as I can keep changing my operating procedure, I'm looking forward to several more.

mebe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread