Denied!

bassman92

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the Bank today to pick up some CWRs or boxes of coin. To avoid going in to be told "sorry we dont have any" I called ahead and asked if they had any and they said "yes we have plenty". So I get there and said to the teller I would like to buy some coin I called ahead and you said you had some. They say "do you have an account with us?" Of course I do I said. The teller was new or something and asked another teller. That teller told her she would take care of it. So then I go up to her and I could instantly tell that she was going to be difficult and said I would like to buy some coin. She says"what kind?" I tell her I want pennies, nickels, and dimes. She then proceeds to tell me that a box of pennies, nickels, or dimes would cost $15 a box and bigger coins like quarters, halves, and big dollars would be $35 a box. I said since when does boxes of coins cost that? She shoots me a dirty look and says smuggly" since Thursday". I was being nice and polite as possible. Then I asked well do you have any CWRs I could buy and she said "yes but you'll have to pay to replace them".I was pretty mad and I told her no thanks and walked away. I have not had problems with this banks other branches and just went there cause it was next to the autozone where i was getting my alternator checked. Also I do have an account there. And my sister works at a different branch of that bank and told me they dont charge for coin.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe I should call the manager and complain?

:BangHead:

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charging for boxes of coin? maybe ask to speak to a manager or a different teller.

F

Farchaus2k

I'd speak with a supervisor, and if they continue like this, I'd yank my account ASAP.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not one to cause trouble for others when it may be due to a bad day/toothache/sick kid at home, but from what you write it sounds more like the teller was being a deliberate *****. Speaking for myself only I think I would call a manager and ask about the policy change. Should they deny it I would then very nicely but clearly tell them what you were told. If the manager if worth their salt there'll be a reckoning very quickly.

Rascal

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8)

Attachments

• res6.jpg
    res6.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 684
  • res6.jpg
    res6.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 685
OP
OP
B

bassman92

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I definetly call. And if I still have problems, I found a good dump bank.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is simple: If she wants you to replace the coins taken, then do so. Take her your dumps and exchange them for fresh rolls. Should be no problem. :icon_thumleft:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've been denied many times when asking for boxes of coin, but only at banks where I don't have an account. Every single time I was denied, it was by a teller that was old.

I always try to ask the PYT's (Pretty Young Tellers).

simaronde03

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell them to drop the fee's or you're taking your business elsewhere.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Would it be added work for them to accommodate CRH'ers?

yyznick

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
clovis97 said:
I've been denied many times when asking for boxes of coin, but only at banks where I don't have an account. Every single time I was denied, it was by a teller that was old.

I always try to ask the PYT's (Pretty Young Tellers).
ive come to find chase has the cutest tellers

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call and ask to speak to the branch manager about this if he or she backs up her story then use them as a dump bank. I never heard of being charged for coins anywhere???? Weird..............

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would ask to see the branch manager or a supervisor. I had a problem at one of the TD banks with a teller. Once I mentioned I wanted to see the manager things change dramatically :evil5: I understand people have bad days I have them too but I don't take my problems to my job.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I have several Banks that do this. Too many people buying boxes of coin and searching in the
parking lot then dumping it back. They start charging for dumping also. Don't be mad at the
Bank, be mad at stupid hunters screwing it up for all of us.

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I went to a bank and ordered some boxes, the ladies looked kind of lazy. It was not surprised when I received a call from the head cashier telling me that they are not allowed to order coins for customers. I told her flat out that was bullcrap and I told her that since I did not know their policies I was going to call corporate to confirm. I called corporate, sent an email to the CEO of the bank and sent an email to investor relations. Four days later a gentleman asked me If I was "SOSO" and then proceeded to tell me that they would be more than happy to accommodate my request. Normally I will bend over backwards for good tellers, but the bad ones do get what they have coming from me.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think bank tellers are paid or should have to accommodate our hobbies.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think bank tellers are paid or should have to accommodate our hobbies.

You are not wrong at all. However, its not the tellers' decision. It's someone's a little more higher up than a teller. If management is ok with supplying customers with coins, then the tellers should have no problem with it either.

Say I owned a restaurant and gave away free coffee to everyone that walked into the door. Say that some customers took advantage of that and dropped in often just for the free coffee, but never spent a dime. I would be livid if one of my employees refused one of these customers, and I'd likely be in the market for a new employee. Its MY restaurant, MY coffee, and I sign their paycheck. If I want to give all the coffee away, pour it out on the ground, flush it down the toilet or whatever, my employees should just make the coffee and smile.

What I'm trying to say is that if a teller has a problem with a CRHer buying coins, then the teller should talk to management. If management agrees, then absolutely refuse the CRHer. If not, the sell the boxes to the CRHer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread