Had a small scare this morning...phone call from my dump bank!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I missed a phone call this morning, so, as usual, I promptly called back.

My heart sank when heard the recorded message of "Thank you for calling ________(name of dump bank). We appreciate our valued customers. Please hold while you are transferred to a customer service representative."

I happened to have my phone on the speaker setting, and my wife heard the message too.

"This is it...it finally happened. We are either cut off or are going to be questioned...." I said to her. I'm sure my facial expression mirrored her's; it was one of shock, disappointment, and disbelief.

The customer service rep that answered the phone started looking over my account as soon as I explained that I had missed a phone call from someone in the organization.

"No problems that I can see. Let me check your transactions to see if anything has been flagged" he said.

He then added "I see you like the coin counters at our branches."

"Ya. Is that a problem?" I asked.

"No, not at all. They are very popular."

After a long pause, he curiously replied "You must really like those machines. Do you use them every day?"

"I'll quit using them altogether" I said, wanting to derail the conversation, "and close my account today if you wish", hoping to call his bluff.

The friendly young rep went into a serious backpedaling mode, and told me that he thinks that the bank called me...

"To thank me for being a customer for one full year, as of yesterday."

Part of me really thinks that was the reason the bank called...the other part of me is still waiting to answer the phone and hear "Hi, Clovis, this is J.B. Hildawonker, Vice President of Banking Operations, and I wanted to talk to you about...."

Either way, I wish they would not scare me like that!!!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
ImpurestStewart said:
I am still waiting on them to put coin counters in my local credit union here.... Don't always expect the worst, Jeez

I did expect the worst with this phone call.

I've had one teller give me grief over the use of the coin counter. This is the same teller who bent a bank VP's ear and told him how we were taking advantage of the bank's counter.

I have never had a bank call and thank me for being a customer...so what else were we to think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread