Some leap day silver! _*~_*~_*~_*~PICTURE_*~_*~_*~_*~

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I just finished 2 boxes of half dollars expecting another family of skunks. I tear open the first roll of the first box, and there it is, a 1969d, then I knew it was going to be a good box.
The box did not produce as I had hoped(and I sure hoped high, I was hoping for 20+ silvers)... But the box ended with 9x 40% silver half dollars. One of the 40% halves looks like it has been marked too, oddly enough, front and back. This box also contained a foreign coin, a british large penny.

I was anxious to open box 2, also hoping it was the same batch as box 1, unfourtinately not. The box 2 did contain 1 silver, a 1963d ben franklin half dollar, my first in over 8 months... and my first 90% silver in over 6 months!!!

Nothing like some leap day silver,

HH everybody, "It's out there" !
BuffaloBoy

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 559
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention, this comes after about a 30 box skunk streak!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BB, glad to see you scored a good box. You were due. When you get boxes like that, don't you wish that you ordered more from that source. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mountainman 2 said:
Hey BB, glad to see you scored a good box. You were due. When you get boxes like that, don't you wish that you ordered more from that source. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks, all I can do is HOPE that next week's order is just as good, or better :icon_sunny:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice boxes. I hoping to find some leap day siver myself from my 3 half boxes today.

So far I'm about half way through my first box and nothing yet. Oh well, maybe the next 2 boxes might be better.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farchaus2k said:
BuffaloBoy said:
I see you follow my footsteps :wink:

Thought you'd get a kick out of that!!!
:) I did; however, I try not to do it anymore, it "annoys" certain individuals, if you know who I am talking about ~ :laughing9:

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need leap day to come around more often!

HH Dave

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the kind words!!
Hopefully this is a sign of better boxes... 30 box skunk streak was harsh, but this is why I CRH, the joy of finding the silver and other goodies :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread