Leap Year Day finds. (PICS)

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out CRHing again. I ended up with right around $400 dollars worth of half dollars. It was looking like I was going to be skunked because the first 30-ish rolls were all duds. Got down to the last couple rolls and I pulled 5 keepers in a single roll. The rest of the rolls were skunks, like the first ones. I got 3 40%ers and 2 90%ers. My first Franklin half dollars! (sorry for the glare one the picture, my camera sucks)

Attachments

• 2-29 first 90%ers 3 40%ers.JPG
    2-29 first 90%ers 3 40%ers.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad, Loves those Franklins!! :blob7:

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys, I have kind of a newbie queston but what do you do about coin storage? I don't have any of the square holders or anything like that, right now these along with a few other of my finds this week are just sitting on a dresser, I've heard pill bottles aren't good to keep them in because of something in the plastic they are made with. Would an old wooden cigar box work? Or maybe like even just a plastic bowl? I these are already pretty worn so I don't mind stacking them or anything like that.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red89 said:
Thanks guys, I have kind of a newbie queston but what do you do about coin storage? I don't have any of the square holders or anything like that, right now these along with a few other of my finds this week are just sitting on a dresser, I've heard pill bottles aren't good to keep them in because of something in the plastic they are made with. Would an old wooden cigar box work? Or maybe like even just a plastic bowl? I these are already pretty worn so I don't mind stacking them or anything like that.

We just keep them in plastic bags, keeps moisture out. They are mostly old and already tarnished so there is no need to store them in tubes. (but i do keep the ones i like the in a clear tube to look at the nice silver edges)

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
lovelylea said:
red89 said:

We just keep them in plastic bags, keeps moisture out. They are mostly old and already tarnished so there is no need to store them in tubes. (but i do keep the ones i like the in a clear tube to look at the nice silver edges)

Thats a good idea, if I ever find some clean ones, or even some proofs I plan on getting some single cardboard/plastic holders for them. What about a tupperware bowl with a good lid? Or an old glass jar like a mason jar? I have a few old glass jars that I throw regular clad in, I might just use one of those.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red89 said:
lovelylea said:
red89 said:

Thats a good idea, if I ever find some clean ones, or even some proofs I plan on getting some single cardboard/plastic holders for them. What about a tupperware bowl with a good lid? Or an old glass jar like a mason jar? I have a few old glass jars that I throw regular clad in, I might just use one of those.

Anything like that would work. I'd be careful, One toss of a half can crack the glass. I have 3 Qt tupperware bowls I use to dump with. Just make sure it has a good sealing lid. There are alot of cheep ones and you dont want to be picking up $500 in halfs up from the parking lot! :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions