Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do the sound test
look that to tinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg sound.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I cant tell you whether or not yours is silver, but it is very easy to find out. By the way, I found my very first 1776-1976 40% silver a couple weeks ago. The crazy part is that when I saw the coin, I instantly knew it was a "S" mint, or proof. I pull it out, and because it was in such beautiful shape, I toss it on my counter because Im gonna keep it... Instead of "clink" it went "CLAANK"... I said, holy shiz. no way, its silver.... did another sound test, and sure as shiz... Its silver. So in my opinion a sound test is the best, easiest, for surest way to tell if you have a silver or not. On mine, even though the edge had distinct copper in it (why i didnt notice it was silver right off the bat) It still was alot shinier, and stood out alot more than your garbage proofs. So I almost think that if yours was silver, you would know it...

If you neeed help w/the sound test, its this simple... (as long as you aren't deaf)

take the one in question, and take one u know for sure is not silver, So like a 1974. drop the unknown on the counter/table/whatever, and then drop the other one on the same surface. If you have to ask yourself if they sound different..... then its not silver. It is that simple.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found one once. easy to recognize plus the sound test.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread